Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine leaking :(

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

We bought a washing machine in august from power city which has started leaking from underneath - it's not an obvious place like the door/hoses etc. The machine comes with a 2 year warranty so I called power city and they arranged a call out. The engineer was here for an hour, ran the machine a few times and said he couldn't find a problem. He left it pulled out so we could try to see where the water was coming from if it leaked again which it did this morning. The engineer told us that he'd have to charge us €70 if he came out again and couldn't find a problem. I'm just wondering what happens if he doesn't find anything wrong again since it's intermittent - do we have any comeback with powercity at all? We can't leave the machine running on it's own now for fear of it leaking all over the floor/somebody slipping etc. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tk123 wrote: »
    We bought a washing machine in august from power city which has started leaking from underneath - it's not an obvious place like the door/hoses etc. The machine comes with a 2 year warranty so I called power city and they arranged a call out. The engineer was here for an hour, ran the machine a few times and said he couldn't find a problem. He left it pulled out so we could try to see where the water was coming from if it leaked again which it did this morning. The engineer told us that he'd have to charge us €70 if he came out again and couldn't find a problem. I'm just wondering what happens if he doesn't find anything wrong again since it's intermittent - do we have any comeback with powercity at all? We can't leave the machine running on it's own now for fear of it leaking all over the floor/somebody slipping etc. :confused:

If I were you why not record it? Sure you might have to go to the hassle of resetting the tape until you get a leak but if it saves 70euro/gives you a new machine, why not? Just don't leave the camcorder directly on the floor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hey thats a good idea!! There's a tripod around the house somewhere too to keep the camera out of the puddles! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

missing any socks? machine may have swallowed one sounds silly but it happens.

Also if the machine has a filter check that it is clear. Any chance the machine got pushed back against the wall to far and that the waist pipe is being pinched, happened my mum's once.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oddly enough the filter is spotless - we though there could be a block but I would have thought the engineer would have found it? It's pulled out from the wall at the moment so the pipes aren't pinced.

Advertisement