Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC MBS Business Information Systems

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have any experience or information on this course? I'm just finishing up my undergraduate degree in Architectural Technology and looking at my options at post grad level.

As the immediate future in my current field is not looking prosperous, I want to branch out into something different and this, being one of the courses subsidised by the government to satisfy the lack of IT graduates, might be worthwhile.

Anyone know what the course is like? Is it hard to get into? What the oppurtunities are like afterwards?

Also it requires an undergrad degree containing some "computer technology", I wonder would a proficiency in computer design programmes but not neccessarily actual programming satisfy this?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/what/businesslaw/masters/bis/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eoghan101

seadnamac wrote: »
    Does anyone here have any experience or information on this course? I'm just finishing up my undergraduate degree in Architectural Technology and looking at my options at post grad level.

As the immediate future in my current field is not looking prosperous, I want to branch out into something different and this, being one of the courses subsidised by the government to satisfy the lack of IT graduates, might be worthwhile.

Anyone know what the course is like? Is it hard to get into? What the oppurtunities are like afterwards?

Also it requires an undergrad degree containing some "computer technology", I wonder would a proficiency in computer design programmes but not neccessarily actual programming satisfy this?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/postgrad/what/businesslaw/masters/bis/

Hey just came across your post. I'm a civil grad looking at doing this masters. Did you end up doing this masters and is it essential to have previous business/ computer programming experience?

Thanks,
    Eoghan

Advertisement