Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Repair troubles

• 09-03-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

So i got an E74 error around christmas and had to send my xbox away to be fixed, then i was in college until now so havent had a chance to play it. So i decided to fire up the old xbox for the midterm only to discover that they changed the port for my transformer so i cant actually power on the xbox. Anyone experience this before and any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You mean the power supply has a different connection? Yeah the old ones had a different bigger one compared to the new consoles. You can't mix and match. If this is the case. You have to use the old PSUs with the old consoles and the new ones with the new. If you could plug an new PSU into an old 360 it would not have enough power to turn on.

The old 360s use the 203W PSUs and newer ones use, I think 180W or there abouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

You mean the power supply has a different connection? Yeah the old ones had a different bigger one compared to the new consoles. You can't mix and match. If this is the case. You have to use the old PSUs with the old consoles and the new ones with the new. If you could plug an new PSU into an old 360 it would not have enough power to turn on.

The old 360s use the 203W PSUs and newer ones use, I think 180W or there abouts.

Actually your wrong thats only the max power it can draw not the amount it does the only reason you can't use some power supply is because one type of the connecters has a plastic sqaure in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

And that plastic square is there so you can't mix them up like I said above. Otherwise you will have a ton of xbox support numbers asking why their 360s won't turn on or function proper when working flat out. Clearly this is the reason otherwise why change the PSU design and connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

There are three types of Psu and the two that dont have the plastic square in the middle are interchangable as proof by my new xbox working on my old power plug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Rang them today and they tried to tell me i was wrong. Took ages to get it sorted and am now waiting on a call back tomorrow. Really poor customer service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement