Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Advance Passenger Information address

Options
  • 09-03-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

For an upcoming trip to America with Aer Lingus I have filled out my ESTA and have also added Advance Passenger Information (API) to my booking online. The one problem is the address on the API is slightly different to the one on the ESTA as I had to shorten "Boulevard" to "Bld" because of lack of space on the API form (you have to write down the hotel and street number on the one line). I couldn't even put in the extra v to make "Blvd". I also had to make an alteration to the hotel name to fit it in (although in this case I removed the name of the city from the hotel, however the city is mentioned later in the address). I have also added the ZIP code of the hotel.

I'm just after reading though on the section of CBP's website that gives information to airlines regarding API that "carriers must make every effort to ensure that the address supplied is identical to the address on the I-94W form".

Will I have problems in immigration with this, or can I change the API with Aer Lingus at check-in? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shouldn't be a problem, but you can always ask them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem, but you can always ask them :)

Thanks BuffyBot, but will they be able to fit in the extra letters if I couldn't? And is there a chance that the immigration will deny me boarding over this little difference in the address?

Sorry about this, I just want to make sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've never heard of it happening, and I'm pretty sure many of mine haven't been exact matches - so I'd doubt it.

The I-94W isn't nessecarily equal to the ESTA anyway in this case - it's a seperate paper form you will get at check in, and fill in by hand on the day. So there is nothing to stop you filling it in exactly as you did on the API.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think the last time I went over I actually flew into the oposite end of the country from the address that I'd put on the API form. I cannot remember what address I put on the form when I actually entered the country, but it either didn't match the original one, or it was quite clearly not possible for me to get anywhere near the address that same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Thanks a million for your help :) I haven't been to the States for about 10 years so I needed to learn about all the new security procedures before I go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jerryluce

Hi guys,
    You have to give the address of where you are staying but I have a problem.

I am going to Boston soon but have no idea where I will be staying as I will sleeping be at a friends place who will be on a J1. They have no accommodation yet and I was just wondering what I should write down in the form for this since I don't know where I will be staying.

Thanks

Advertisement