Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed on a dress please

• 09-03-2010 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I hope this is ok to post here, feel free to close if not. I bought a dress last year on a trip to California, but I have yet to wear it because I have no idea what type of event it would be appropriate to wear it to. I really do like it, but my fashion sense is fairly non-existent. Since I don't want to look like a little kid playing dress up (I'm almost 23), I'm seeking the wonderful advice of this forum's posters. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

The dress is a light grey with a white asymmetrical pinstripe, and hits just above my knee. My questions are:

a) What type of event would this be acceptable at which to wear?
    b) Any tips to add some life to it (e.g. types of accessories/shoes)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a very versatile dress. Wear it with a cardigan and flat or low shoes for daytime wear.

Change to heels and a more glam bolero-type shrug for night. You can take off the original sash and replace it with different coloured ribbons (to match shoes, bags etc). Buy a corsage or brooch and add it at the bust or waist for extra effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FoxInATreehouse

Thank you dudara! I will keep those tips in mind. Unfortunately I can't change the sash though as it is sewn into the dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Is it sewn 'into' or 'onto' the dress... If it's sewn-on, then you could unpick it (carefully). Otherwise, you're stuck with it.

Advertisement