Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting deposit back

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,
    I have the same problem as the rest of you here. I helped my son with his €1500 deposit (I had to take out a loan with the credit union) and I helped to move him to his new place but we were not given back our deposit and its almost 2weeks later when my son called into the estate agent for his deposit only to be verbally abused and no deposit. I thing these people are stealing our hard earned money because of hard times in the market. Where is the law or logic? its the same as a pick pocket on the street and no one give a @<>/.

PRTB I dont know to be quiet frank and court is very expensive.
    PLEASE HELP ME.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 event horizon

This is daylight robbery and it is allowed to continue, the law in this country is stacked in favour of the banks and estate agents etc.. and not in our favour. its time something was done about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 event horizon

Hi,
    sadly since we all have had reason to rent property in this country and be treated like we are scum, what should we do about this situation other than go to PRTB, any ideas? or what has worked for you besides PRTB?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi,
    sadly since we all have had reason to rent property in this country and be treated like we are scum, what should we do about this situation other than go to PRTB, any ideas? or what has worked for you besides PRTB?

Thanks

Get on to your local TD for a start, get on to all TD's in your area and inform them that this situation is not good enough, that there are alternatives such as the Australian experience as mentioned earlier. we are the only ones that can report these stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Threads split. Agent's name removed.

event horizon, what were the circumstances of your son leaving the property.

You might consider contacting Threshold or the PRTB. www.threshold.ie www.prtb.ie

Advertisement