Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Animal Welfare - Scam Warning

Options
  • 09-03-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

This is from Limerick Animal Welfare:

BEWARE: Bogus people in vans and jeeps are pulling up beside people out walking their dogs, asking for dog licences, then taking the dogs and telling the owners they can reclaim their dogs when they produce a dog licence at the pound. This is not how the dog warden operates...DO NOT part with your dog to anyone you don't know. Others have been seen taking dogs from the side of the road or out of peoples gardens and when confronted they say they are from Animal Welfare.

Pass on to all you know and tell them to try and get a registration number from any suspicious vehicles and pass the information to their local Garda Station. Lets catch these criminals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sweet Lord, whatever next?

What is this world coming to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

That's awful :(

Email your local papers in Limerick too, might help to warn people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bl8ckh8art

Thanks for the heads up, they might do the rounds in different parts of the country. Although at the end of the day, it's like that lottery email scam. Who would actally be gullible enough to fall for these scams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

bl8ckh8art wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, they might do the rounds in different parts of the country. Although at the end of the day, it's like that lottery email scam. Who would actally be gullible enough to fall for these scams.

Old people probably esp if the person is being threatening. Also you'd be surprised how many people are gullible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've just been warned by a friend in Limerick that scammers are going around dressed as dog wardens. Apparently they're stopping people with dogs in the street and asking to see a dog licence, and then 'confiscating' the dog and telling the owner to pick it up at the pound later. Of course the dog isn't at the pound.

Some people make me sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

:eek: Are you serious?? This is dog napping in broad daylight! People just astound and horrify me constantly, this is unreal behaviour. Hopefully they'll get caught out by an off duty guard one of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FFS.

This is precisely why I tell anyone never to hand their dog to any dog warden, but instead tell the warden to go get the Gardai if they want to confiscate the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

People are worse for handing the dog over. You dont have to carry your licence around with you so people should realise that anyone asking to take your dog because you dont have a licence on you should be more careful and not hand over their dog to anyone.

Not having a dog licence is not a reason to take your dog away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

I've heard this rumour going around alright.
    Yet too see it happen, or even know of anyone it happened to though.

As the above poster has said also, why would you hand over your dog?
    If a TV licence inspector came knocking on the door, you would not hand over the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I've heard this rumour going around alright.
    Yet too see it happen, or even know of anyone it happened to though.

As the above poster has said also, why would you hand over your dog?
    If a TV licence inspector came knocking on the door, you would not hand over the TV!

Bah, you have just given them the idea for the next scam now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Threads Merged

Advertisement