Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Day Parade

Options
  • 09-03-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I was wondering does anybody know where the best place in town is to see the parade. Want to bring my two kids in but am worried they won't be able to see anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

mmmbop wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering does anybody know where the best place in town is to see the parade. Want to bring my two kids in but am worried they won't be able to see anything!

The central reservation on O'Connell Street is always a good spot as it's a good long stretch so you can see everything. Get there early though to get a good spot - don't arrive as the parade starts and expect to get anywhere near the front! The seasoned people bring little step-ladders along but that just tends to frustrate everyone behind them! The grandstand tickets outside the GPO are an option too but they are €60 each!:eek:

Parade starts at 12 noon

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_parade.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mmmbop

Thanks, and the central reservation, is that just along the GPO? Sorry, I'm a bit dim today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Get in as early as you can, I'd say!
    Town is usually jammed on St. Patrick's Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

mmmbop wrote: »
    Thanks, and the central reservation, is that just along the GPO? Sorry, I'm a bit dim today!

No, it runs the length of O'Connell St (except at the junctions obviously!). Anywhere along there is good but near GPO is best as each of the floats stops there in front of the President so you get a good look at each one. The RTE TV presenters are based there too so your kids get their faces on TV if they're lucky!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mmmbop

ha thanks very much, I'll head in there so :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement