Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault on Clare St yesterday

Options
  • 09-03-2010 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Middle of the afternoon, broad daylight
    Girl in a punto on her own
    stopped in traffic across from emo
    4 lads with bats attacked the car, made shi*e of it, dragged her out, beat her half to death, left her there for all to see
    Broad daylight. City Centre. Monday afternoon.

Limerick, your a lady...............:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was that the pink car that had the windows broken, mirrors ripped off etc at the side of the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

i would hope so Kess
    otherwise that would be 2 in one day!!!!

The girl that owns the pink car was living or working in the area as the car got parked up near Emo every day. It stood out to me most days because of the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is that the roaring pink punto you see about town? its usually parked down from the park, seen it loads of times passing there not a hard car to miss. thats mad, wonder is it a bigger thing than a random attack, dont think 4 guys with bats just happened to attack a car for no reason, this is Limerick after all though.

Because it will eventually happen, time to get the excuses out of the way:

could have happened anywhere.
    Dublin media are biased.
    I didnt see it so it didnt happen.
    Limerick has nice parts as well.
    Arent we great at rugby though.
    Dont be so negative, Dublin is worse.

Don't know if it is the same one as down by the park. The one I am talking about is a real girly car and down up in that manner.

To be honest I tend to avoid using that EMO station since they had the trouble with the guys they barred.

Those guys came back and set the owner's jeep and the manager's car on fire while the shop was open for business, and there seems to be a scum element around it on a fairly regular basis now heckling and harassing customers that try to use the place.

Just not worth getting petrol there if some scrote is going to touch your car whilst you are in the shop.

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the one, bright pink with pink everything inside it as well, very girly. Its usually parked outside those flats across from the Emo station, wouldnt suprise me if theres trouble there theres a family who were notorious for causing problems in St Marys Park living right there, rehoused and causing trouble, regeneration at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow a car-jacking with sustained assault by a gang of four unmasked individuals in broad daylight, in heavy lunchtime traffic.

- Any arrests expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

AFAIK i think that pink car across from the park is a corsa isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jesus Christ this city is just turning into a complete **** hole.
    I am really, really sorry I ever bought a house here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

krudler wrote: »
    Is that the roaring pink punto you see about town? its usually parked down from the park, seen it loads of times passing there not a hard car to miss. thats mad, wonder is it a bigger thing than a random attack, dont think 4 guys with bats just happened to attack a car for no reason, this is Limerick after all though.

Dublin media are biased.

Sure the lads who did it were probably from Dublin :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pass that car everyday to work, really hard to miss. Saw it then batterred, poor girl if she got the same. Didn't look like your average "lets put in that window". They really went to town on the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Scary stuff. Thats probably the busiest route into the city, surely there were a multitude of eye witnesses?
    Dodgy part of town there really. Plus alot of undesirables hanging about that house just up from the station. I think its a halfway house of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Liam79 wrote: »
    Middle of the afternoon

Are you sure it was yesterday? I saw the car wrecked in its usual place sunday morning about 7.30. looked like it happened saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Millie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ this city is just turning into a complete **** hole.
    I am really, really sorry I ever bought a house here.

Ok i think you are a little bit OTT - unless you were being sarcastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was yesterday? I saw the car wrecked in its usual place sunday morning about 7.30. looked like it happened saturday night

Please keep your facts away from this thread, we're trying to form a mob here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Dublin media are biased.

q.e.d.

sheehy83 wrote: »

The brother lives down near Portleys

He said it happened yesterday too. Maybe it happened twice...

Scobe or not, this is just plain wrong :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Its ok to be disgusted by acts of mindless violence against People in your City.

- Definitely would be wrong to hush it up and pretend it never happened like used to happen on here before People got sick of defending Limerick against all odds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Was passing Authurs Quay yesterday with the gf, out on a nice stroll.

Noticed a car with a man inside pulled right outside the front entrance in a blue banger. There was a woman with a young child roaring at him at the top of her voice.

"Well your mother smells like the clap, and shes a f***ing prostitute"

Would love to have stayed and watched but we went about our business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Liam79 wrote: »
    Middle of the afternoon, broad daylight
    Girl in a punto on her own
    stopped in traffic across from emo
    4 lads with bats attacked the car, made shi*e of it, dragged her out, beat her half to death, left her there for all to see
    Broad daylight. City Centre. Monday afternoon.

Limerick, your a lady...............:rolleyes:

If that's the pink Fiat Punto that was covered with a sheet this morning, outside the buildings at the corner of Lelia St and Clare street, then the attack didn't happen yesterday afternoon - the car was there with all it's windows smashed in yesterday morning at approximately 8.10am when I passed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

The car is always parked on Clare St so whoever owns it must live there. I didn't notice the car there yesterday morning but that's not to say it wasn't there. But I did see it yesterday afternoon, every window was broken in and the pannelling was dented.

I pity the poor girl if the car is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My great gran aunt moved from near the petrol station after it got very rough

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Scary stuff. Thats probably the busiest route into the city, surely there were a multitude of eye witnesses?
    Dodgy part of town there really. Plus alot of undesirables hanging about that house just up from the station. I think its a halfway house of some sort.

One of my relatives lived next to them in St Marys Park years back, scum of the highest order

Raiser wrote: »
    Its ok to be disgusted by acts of mindless violence against People in your City.

- Definitely would be wrong to hush it up and pretend it never happened like used to happen on here before People got sick of defending Limerick against all odds.

Indeed, now you find you have to defend your right to be appalled that this kind of thing is happening in your own town, the "all places have problems" excuse just doesnt wash anymore, problems that other towns face arent my concern, its my concern when someone gets attacked outside my door which happened a few times during the course of living in the city centre for years. I really wish I could have set up a video camera pointing out my flat window so I could have shown people just exactly what goes on (mostly unreported) in this city late at night. I couldnt care less about statistics, population ratios, blah blah blah, excuses are all they are, I'll take what I've seen with my own two eyes over what some politician spins any day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

RVN10 wrote: »
    AFAIK i think that pink car across from the park is a corsa isnt it?

Yep. Big spoiler on the back. I passed it out walking last night. It's toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Pink Corsa, windows gone in body work nicely damaged .It was across the road from the garage on Sunday all smashed up.

Indeed, now you find you have to defend your right to be appalled that this kind of thing is happening in your own town, the "all places have problems" excuse just doesnt wash anymore, problems that other towns face arent my concern, its my concern when someone gets attacked outside my door which happened a few times during the course of living in the city centre for years. I really wish I could have set up a video camera pointing out my flat window so I could have shown people just exactly what goes on (mostly unreported) in this city late at night. I couldnt care less about statistics, population ratios, blah blah blah, excuses are all they are, I'll take what I've seen with my own two eyes over what some politician spins any day.

Completely agree, we clearly don't have enough time to find out all the facts so we'll just run with whatever pub gossip comes to hand. Anyhow, I'll bring the torches, can you grab some petrol and pitchforks?

Completely agree, we clearly don't have enough time to find out all the facts so we'll just run with whatever pub gossip comes to hand. Anyhow, I'll bring the torches, can you grab some petrol and pitchforks?

You're right, theres probably a perfectly good reason people were battering a car with bats while someone was inside it, maybe they were trainee panel beaters who needed something to practice on

You're right, theres probably a perfectly good reason people were battering a car with bats while someone was inside it, maybe they were trainee panel beaters who needed something to practice on

Could well be. You're sure there was someone inside it now? I heard it was 17 polish gangsters all of whom are part time ninjas, mate of mine works in Portley's, he's in the know.

• Advertisement

Could well be. You're sure there was someone inside it now? I heard it was 17 polish gangsters all of whom are part time ninjas, mate of mine works in Portley's, he's in the know.

Are you insinuating that there wasnt a girl in it and she wasnt pulled out and given a hammering...?
    Because there was and she did, and thats a fact.
    But hey, see no evil, hear no evil eh Amazo :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement