Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault on Clare St yesterday

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Now that explains a lot! I rest my case.

No, you'll never be able to rest, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Icky Thump wrote: »
    limerick is a scum hole. i cant name one quiet neighbourhood in limerick. ive had this disgussion with a few here before that limerick is a very dangerous place and i wouldnt feel at piece if my daughter sister mother or grandmother had to walk alone late at night...................

I cant really talk for the city estates, but I could mention loads of quiet neighbourhoods in the suburbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Mc Love wrote: »
    I cant really talk for the city estates, but I could mention loads of quiet neighbourhoods in the suburbs

what you mean is you can name lots of quiet STREETS.

there are plenty. mine been one. but as for the surrounding neighbourhood and area no its not quiet. im lucky enough to be in a reasonably nice area but there is still scobes that are hanging around the street corners. even if they arent doing anything they have their hoods up and they are intimadating elderly people.

so yes there are plenty of "quiet" streets but not quiet neighbourhoods or areas

No I mean quiet neighbourhoods. The community Garda in the neighbourhood I live in has sorted out most of the trouble. You get the odd few hanging around by the shop, but thats only because some teenagers are lazy and cant think of anything to do (like have a game of football or touch rugby or something).

But business owners in the area as well as residents have pretty much ruled out a lot of the scobe-ism

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I still see no mention of it in any news articles.

This would be front page normally, so where is it?

• Advertisement

No I mean quiet neighbourhoods. The community Garda in the neighbourhood I live in has sorted out most of the trouble. You get the odd few hanging around by the shop, but thats only because some teenagers are lazy and cant think of anything to do (like have a game of football or touch rugby or something).

But business owners in the area as well as residents have pretty much ruled out a lot of the scobe-ism

thats great to hear. well done to your community. thats a good example of how most areas should be cracking down.

=======================================================
    anyways a bit of an update on the topic.

just heard that the young lady was going out with some scumbag and cut his ding a ling off last week. aparantly he is in intensive care in galway.

maybe and this is just speculating but maybe if that happened last week this would explain a retaliation on her the weekend.

Jumpy wrote: »

Try Liam's book of Tall tales :D

Try Liam's book of Tall tales :D

:D that book is way too big to read

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Can't find anything either, national or local.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jumpy wrote: »

If it happened it will be on 95FMs Garda file in about a month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I saw the car this morning on the way to castletroy from city centre. It was on the side of the street covered in black plastic, with the exception of the front of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Is this same pink Car permanently parked up outside the Jail on Mulgrave Street also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So is this all a load of shít?

Usual for this forum really

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Melion wrote: »
    So is this all a load of shít?

Usual for this forum really

No it's not. I stopped opposite the damaged car yesterday evening to take a pic. Thought better of it - some awful scumbags were hanging around.

I meant about the girl being beaten too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

No it is no BS Melion
    I can absolutely 100% promise you that
    its true. She is still in hospital
    To be honest I dont know why its not in the news
    altho
    about 3 years ago i got a hiding walking home from town one night, minding my own business and 2 lads absolutely battered me for no reason. Had my nose broken, a tooth knocked out and 2 black eyes. That didnt make the news....but admitteldy there were no weapons used that night

But i can absolutely 100% promise you I am not making this up

And McLove, with you holuier than thou attitude and your condescending attitude towards me....who do you think you are? Cos your so respected and loved on here!!! :rolleyes:

Did you see it or did someone tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Liam79 wrote: »
    To be honest I dont know why its not in the news

To be honest I can't wait for the day that one bunch of fcuking scobes beating the life out of a different bunch of scobes is not news worthy. That would be progress to me.

Now I know little or nothing about this case apart from what I've read here, but if this is another case of feuding bollox then let them off with it. No loss. Hopefully more langers will be cut off in the near future and that may hinder their reproductive abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Icky Thump wrote: »
    as for the surrounding neighbourhood and area no its not quiet. im lucky enough to be in a reasonably nice area but there is still scobes that are hanging around the street corners. even if they arent doing anything they have their hoods up and they are intimadating elderly people.

so yes there are plenty of "quiet" streets but not quiet neighbourhoods or areas

Funny that, because I've lived very close to the city center for all of my 27 years, and I can easily count on one hand how many dodgy encounters I've had (maybe I'm lucky or maybe my big frame helps in that regard but I dunno). Now I don't know about you but I regard that as a nice quiet existence tbh.

The past few weeks I've been going for 5 mile runs after 9 pm and my route is very central in terms of the city, yet not once have I even ran past/encountered a gang, let alone be confronted. Yes of course there are places that I would rather not go jogging at night, but that is the case everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'm with Fizman... stop with all the Limerick bashing. I'm living here all my 31 years - go running 3 nights a week past childers road, parkway, this area (pink punto/clare st), garryowen, mulgrave st etc.. and have never encountered trouble. Out every weekend for pints with the lads - and again - never met any trouble.

And BTW this happened BEFORE 3pm Sunday afternoon, windows of apartment also put in - and the car was only covered Monday evening - so the "facts" here are somewhat sketchy to say the least...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Still no word in the media about this. Live 95FM carries the following story on Sunday and has news right up till today yet still no mention of a gang of four men attacking a woman stuck in traffic in broad daylight.

GOOD DAY FOR COAT THIEF IN COUNTY LIMERICK
    http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item.aspx?arti_guid=16a225a6-81fb-41c2-b650-7095e09b29ab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

concussion wrote: »
    Still no word in the media about this. Live 95FM carries the following story on Sunday and has news right up till today yet still no mention of a gang of four men attacking a woman stuck in traffic in broad daylight.

GOOD DAY FOR COAT THIEF IN COUNTY LIMERICK
    http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item.aspx?arti_guid=16a225a6-81fb-41c2-b650-7095e09b29ab

This happened alright Concussion. Brother lives down there. Its a true story. Dont think it happened Monday though. Think it was Sunday morning. The car is in bits, Its still parked there. The girl was "rough around the edges" herself apparently.

Liam79 wrote: »
    And McLove, with you holuier than thou attitude and your condescending attitude towards me....who do you think you are? Cos your so respected and loved on here!!! :rolleyes:

Making it personal eh?

Look you have been proved wrong on here before, thats why people thought you were making it up haha

Believe I am not loved on here - ask billy or MrE, been banned twice iirc

Hooked wrote: »
    I'm with Fizman... stop with all the Limerick bashing. I'm living here all my 31 years - go running 3 nights a week past childers road, parkway, this area (pink punto/clare st), garryowen, mulgrave st etc.. and have never encountered trouble. Out every weekend for pints with the lads - and again - never met any trouble.

And BTW this happened BEFORE 3pm Sunday afternoon, windows of apartment also put in - and the car was only covered Monday evening - so the "facts" here are somewhat sketchy to say the least...

i didnt think i was bashing Limerick..... maybe i am???

all i am saying is i have also lived here my whole life with the eception of living abroad for awhile. i have only been in a few dodgy situations myself. i come from a nice family we dont cause harm to anyone else. i have lots of mates and a nice life here. but that been said Limerick has gotten very rough. nobody has respect anymore and scholls are full of thugs and future scumbag criminals. those are the facts.

just because you may run every evening and havent had any hassel doesnt mean its safe. would you be happy if your grandmother was walking around town on a saturday night alone? would you regard her as safe to do so?

im telling you its not the same everywhere. 1 bad incident is 1 too many. im not living in a bubble cut off from the world. i know what reality is. but this town is over run by scobes. you come on here any day and you will see a new story of how someone was robbed beaten up killed or injured by another scobe ruining this once nice limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Making it personal eh?

Look you have been proved wrong on here before, thats why people thought you were making it up haha

Believe I am not loved on here - ask billy or MrE, been banned twice iirc

I love you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I love you

Twice last Saturday alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement