Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Talk About Stammering.

Options
  • 09-03-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Following on from the successful one day workshops which were run in 2009 "Speak Soon Communications" will again be sponsoring four workshops for the stammering community in 2010, the locations and times of the workshops are as follows,

Saturday the 27th of March: Venue, the Europa Hotel, Great Victoria Street Belfast. Start time 9.30am. Finish 5pm.

Saturday the 29th of May: Venue, the Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Streeet, Dublin. Start time 9.30am. Finish 5pm.

Saturday the 28th of August: Venue, the Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone, Co Westmeath. Start time 9.30am. Finish 5pm.

Saturday the 27th of November: Venue, the Clarion Hotel, Lapps Quay, Cork. Start 9.30am. Finish 5pm.

The workshops are open to all who wish to attend, The Irish Stammering Association, The British Stammering Association,the Professional Speech Community, and various organisations who help and support the stammering community will be promting the workshops through their membership, this is massive step forward regarding the promotion of stammering awareness in Ireland and Northern Ireland.

All six modules for the workshops will be different from last year, " What is your combination to unlock your Stammering" " The importance of Yes" "Use it or lose it" are just a taste of the modules which will presented and openly discussed.

The day offers new knowledge, new applications, group sessions, shared experiances, plenty of opportunitys to speak in an empowering enviornment, are all available to you on the day.

All workshops will be interactive, each session lasting only fifty minutes, cost to you only €20.00. which works out at at three euros per hour, information, experiances, frienships gained from attending "PRICELESS"

For furthur information contact Michael O Shea on 051-855150.
    087-2504611.
    e-mail osheamm5@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Michael O Shea

Thank you to all who attended the "LETS TALK ABOUT STAMMERING" workshop in Belfast on Saturday the 27th of March,we had an attendence of seventeen adults who took an active part in all the workshops.

The next workshop is is on the 29th of May venue the Ashling Hotel Parkgate Street Dublin. Start 9.30am Finish 5pm.

Speak soon,
    Michael.
    www.michaeloshea.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hi Michael,

Can you tell us more about what is in store on the day- i.e 'Caint gan eagla'?

I noticed on your website that participants will have the opportunity to "help launch" the video which is to be made for sending out to schools?

This is really positive.

What do you have in mind with this on the day?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Pog it.

Hello pod it,
    Am I right in thinking that you are making reference to the I.S.A. website regarding there Conference Day on Saturday the 17th of April which is on in Dublin, all information regarding the day is on www.stammeringireland.ie

A lot of very positive work has been done by the I.S.A. over the past few years regarding stammering awareness, the organisation are also connecting more and more people who are challenged by stammering, be they Children, Teenagers, Adults, and Parents which is a very positve move forward for the Stammering Community in Ireland.

A lot of interesting things will be happening in the future regarding the I.S.A. who are committed to being a primery source of information and support for the whole community connected by stammering.

Why not attend the Conference day, meet the new Chairman, meet the new committee members, meet members of the I.S.A. support groups from all over the country, interact, have your say, a warm welcome is there waiting for you, a positive experiance for you? why not attend to find out.

Speak soon,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hi Michael,

Yep I will be there, I rang the ISA office last week and spoke with a lovely man and I told him that if you needed a spare pair of hands or wanted any help whatsoever to give me a call- I left my number with him anyway. I'm sure ye have everything under control but my offer is just if there is anything ye thought ye could do with some help with!

Great to see the work ye are doing now regarding setting up Young Stammerers Association and about the video ye are going to make for sending out to schools.

Really heartening to see this happening, well done to all of you who work in the organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Hi Michael,

I was on the same Mc Guire course as yourself all those years back. Fantastic to see all the work you have done and Im still trying to get my hands on your book, can you point me in the right direction?

I had great success with Patmar and as I remember you said before about certain treatments working for different people.

Great to see how much you have done, hope to meet you again soon.

• Advertisement

Hello bohsboy,
    It is great to hear from you, I am searching in the dark regarding your identity, but that is OK, as I am sure we will make contact soon.

It was October 1999 that we were in the Ashling Hotel in Dublin, to me it seems like yesterday, as life flows, a lot of stammering has flowed as well over the interviening years.

You are spot on regarding stammering recovery, no therapy fits all, no courses fits all, no programmes fits all, your fit is always your choice and no one elses.The best minds on the subject of stammering in the world have made little progress for adults over the past fifty years, although great progress is being made with children which is a very positive step forward.

I am glad to hear of your succes with "PATMAR" over the years I have met a lot of people who are challenged by stammering who have attended "PATMAR" and have had very positive results from the course. During the research for my book Patrick and Maria allowed me to oberseve the course for two days, I was very impressed from what I heard and observed.

Regarding my book "WHY I CALLED MY SISTER HARRY" you have two options,
    Contact the Irish Stammering Association, the twenty euro goes to the I.S.A.
    OR
    You can contact me directly and I will sent you a signed copy with all the profits going to stammering awareness in Ireland.
    As with Stammering Recovery the choice is yours, I wish you well in your future communication.

Speak soon,
    Michael.
    www.michaeloshea.ie
    087-2504611

Just a reminder that the second workshop on "Lets Talk About Stammering" is on the 29th of May in the Ashling Hotel Parkgate Street Dublin, starting at 9.30am and finishing at 5.00pm.

The workshops are open to everyone, you dont have to be challenged by stammering to attend, both the phsical and psychological aspects of stammering will be discussed and examined during the workshops.

Speak soon,
    Michael.

I'd be interested in attending the event in Dublin

Looking forward to seeing you there.

A sincere thank you to the twenty two adults who attended the "LETS TALK ABOUT STAMMERING" workshop in the Ashling Hotel on Saturday, the day just flew by, the presentations and grout discussions were excellent, it was great to hear you all discuss your challenge with stammering in such an open way.

The next workshop is in the Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone Co Westmeath on Saturday the 21st of August.

Speak soon,
    Michael.
    www.michaeloshea.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement