Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF:BC2 and high pings ?

Options
  • 09-03-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that pings do be suspiciously high,

Even if you go to find a UK based server (where in any other game you could expect pings of 30-70) you will find your ping is 130+.

Loads of my clan , who are based in UK are also seeing this, where they'd usually have 10-40 pings its still 100+

If its any kind of server outside the UK you're looking at 2-300 +

Though in saying that, when playing on some servers where it says you have a 200+ ping, it plays ok most of the time. Something must be getting lost in translation

Anyone else seeing this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah, some servers come up at 50ms on the browser, and about 130 in game. I dont really notice the latency though tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hmmm have not notice this either TBH....but dont get FPS lag confused with ISP lag.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Im pretty sure, the pings in game are just ''broke'' and are not really your real ping.

When on the browser of TiG server my ping suggests 15ish I think. When In game It's 200+. No lag though, so I never pay attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I remember having high pings 100-200 before on some newly released game.... they ended up fixing it after a patch or two

Advertisement