Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remap Range Rover Sport

Options
  • 09-03-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a 06 range rover sport HSE 2.7 deisel and I'm thinking of getting it remapped/serviced.

Does anyone know a good place to get this done other than with LR dealers?
    Also, any oppinions of the range rover sport would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From what I hear they're quite unreliable. Is it still under warranty? If so, i'd forget about the remap for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kerryman10

hi anan1.

No warranty i'm affraid but got it at a good price:) Hard enough on deisel tho and wonder if remapping would improve fuel efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Talk to Joe at Chippedire.com

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kerryman10

Tnks 2 Empressi.

I've sent them an email but they don't seem to have landrover in their dropdown list. Maybe they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Talk to Joe at Chippedire.com

+1

joe really knows his stuff .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I sold my 06 rrs a while back. Delighted to be in a 10 year old cruiser now ! (see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783631 )

I have the switchable kit from evolveyourcar.co.uk which I can let you have at a good price. It's sitting in the garage. With the kit you can download your map from the car, get it tuned by emailing to above and then you're able to swap between tuned and stock. (good for service time)

It made a huge difference to my motor. btw, I got 27mpg before and 30 after. Same engine as you. Some transmission ECU's have difficulty with the remap though.

You probably got your rrs at a nice price so for the money these days I could put up with it's problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

IMO, I wouldnt go messing with the engine in a RRS. They're usually fairly unreliable at the best of times, so I cant see it reacting too well to a map.

Hope you have plenty of free cash lying around, because you'll need it shortly to pay for the new engine your shiny RRS wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

The (ahem... ;-) Ford engine was the best thing about it. Massively powerful imo and responded very well to the remap.

edit: - didn't come across any blown engines during my time on rrsport.co.uk due to remaps. Landy themselves aren't too keen on them though ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I take it that the ecu would need to be reflashed if the dealer installs updated software during a service period?

Advertisement