Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem playing people on Friends List?

Options
  • 09-03-2010 12:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi al,
    I'm having serious problems trying to play people on my friends lists. When I set up a lobby, certain players cannot join, and vice versa when I try to join their lobby. In particular, I can't seem to play Azza or Foamy.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

FG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Remember back in the day when you organized the 360 tourny... I played all my matches bar 1, as I could not connect to Retr0gamer. Just wasn't happening.

It's a router issue afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi al,
    I'm having serious problems trying to play people on my friends lists. When I set up a lobby, certain players cannot join, and vice versa when I try to join their lobby. In particular, I can't seem to play Azza or Foamy.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

FG

Its usual the router settings blocking the player. I think it may be down to NAT settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Run the xbox live test and see what results you get. Or load mw2 and go into the multiplayer menu. It tells you there what your nat type is. It should be open, not moderate or strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah i get that on my xbox too, can only connect to about 60% of people on my friends list. In the menu of modern warfare it says that my NAT is open so I don't see what the problem is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bush80 wrote: »
    Run the xbox live test and see what results you get. Or load mw2 and go into the multiplayer menu. It tells you there what your nat type is. It should be open, not moderate or strict.

Yeah good idea. I followed the steps to open the NAT settings, but it doesn't say if it worked or not. Will try that tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Same here.Sometimes there's no issue other times I just can't connect. Tried opening ports ect but no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I have my ps3 on a DMZ and it solved any connection issues (apart from weak wireless signal and other people on ps3 not on DMZ) for me, maybe try the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah i get that on my xbox too, can only connect to about 60% of people on my friends list. In the menu of modern warfare it says that my NAT is open so I don't see what the problem is.

I can never get into a match with Terry.
    I reckon your just scared of the terrible beating you'll suffer at my hands Tezza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A-Trak wrote: »
    I reckon your just scared of the terrible beating you'll suffer at my hands Tezza.

Haha, guarantee you the problem is on your side! You fear the fat man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

A-Trak wrote: »
    Ditto....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I couldnt connect to Azza for a good while, but I went into my modem and resatred the connection all over, since then I've had no trouble connecting...

Maybe try the same?

Advertisement