Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this scope any good ??

Options
  • 09-03-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Hy all,

I'm pretty new to astronomy and was looking for a descent scope to start with out of my backyard (west Kerry so very dark nights)

After a long search i was thinking in buying this Skywatcher EXPLORER-200P (EQ5) Scope ... prices for this scope are around 425 euro (English sites)

It says best buy etc

I came up with this scope because it has a big aperture as well

but has someone other ideas ?? there are so many scopes out there. Its needed for both planets and the odd nebula

My binocular days are over :D;)

P.S. Any info on Irish websites that offer descent prices ?? saw the thread about it but that's a year old

I did a lot of reading on many different threads but wanted your opinion on this particular scope

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭calchas

simply yes it is.

I use a 250P and and EQ6. The 200 should be easy to set-up and move etc, which helps keep it in use.

The only shop/websit I know of in Ireland is the astronomy ireland one, they don't stock skywatcher and the prices have never seemed comparable to the uk or europe.

I regularly use first light optics, telescope-house, widescreen centre and other sites in the uk. Also telescope-service in germany. I got my mount from germany and my ota from the uk.

Hope this helps
    Calchas

PS.
    dark kerry you lucky ba%^&*d, I'm close to Dublin city and the airport. Hope you get to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Thanks Calchas,

Did check-up on most sites before but wasn't sure they sent to Ireland

Yeah i think I'm blessed with the dark nights here in the west :cool:

Advertisement