Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please

• 09-03-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

after the pipes freezing up at Christmas, my downstairs toilet is more or less refusing to take water back in as it should. it drips back in and only fills up at a speed which means it can only be flushed once a day. the shower upstairs is also stuck on low flow (cold water only).

how can i get these sorted please, and is it also possible they are the result of the same problem??

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i would imagine they could be airlocked.

provinding that there is not a hole in one of the pipes and the water is going somewhere else. if it is airlocked you can easily fix it by connecting a hose to a tap that works and pushing water into the open tap and thus pushing the air back into the tank.

but make sure there is no leak first. ( but i am sure you would have noticed it by now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Martron wrote: »
    i would imagine they could be airlocked.

provinding that there is not a hole in one of the pipes and the water is going somewhere else. if it is airlocked you can easily fix it by connecting a hose to a tap that works and pushing water into the open tap and thus pushing the air back into the tank.

but make sure there is no leak first. ( but i am sure you would have noticed it by now)
    thanks. i held my finger against the shower, turned it on and now it's going fine, no more low flow :D
    how would i do this with the toilet though??? i tried the same with the sink in the downstairs bathroom but to no avail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i would imagine you would have to remove the refill asembly. the bit the ball cock is attached to . you will need to force water into the pipe to push water back into the pipe to clear the air lock. garden hose from nearest cold tap .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Martron wrote: »
    i would imagine you would have to remove the refill asembly. the bit the ball cock is attached to . you will need to force water into the pipe to push water back into the pipe to clear the air lock. garden hose from nearest cold tap .
    great stuff, thank you. will have a go at this later

:D
    i may be gone a while

Advertisement