Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of Brake/shifters

• 09-03-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I arrived back to my bike yesterday only to find that someone had broken one of my brake/shifters, i put it bake together as good as i could but am told i need a new one. Looking for a triple speed. The current one is a Shimano 2300.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Is it the front shifter that is broken? You only need triple if that is the case.

Good price here, the rear would work with your 8 speed triple setup but not the front lever. I think the only issue you would have would be whether the hood shape matched, which I think it probably would... I've seen suggestions that 2300 is derived from the older Sora 3300 group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 aibhne

Thanks blorg, il try these cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

if its the front, i have one you can have- old sora sti tripple.

Karma, i thought i had it sorted but unfortunatly dont, how much do you want for the lever, provided you still have it of course? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

still have them, pmed you my number. did you get the other shifters listed above? interested in a trade/px with cash?

• Advertisement

Yes i have the sora 3300, Their double speed so no good to me a trade or part exchange suits me, however i am a student and brought the 3300's home to fit them and didnt bring them back, but can have them for next week if this is not to late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Ill take the sora's off you, at the same money if you want to move them

its only fair that Karma has first prefrence but if this falls through i will let you side show

Advertisement