Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Strike

• 09-03-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if I am in the right forum here but please move if I'm wrong:

I'm trying toi understand the strategy behind the public service strike proposals. They seem intent on hitting the worst off in society (through disruption in Social Welfare/HSE etc). The only section powerless to help them. Why not start with withdrawing services from the Government TDs Senators etc. Services such as secretarial, drivers, catering, EXPENSE AND SALARY PAYMENTS etc. Surely this would give them much faster access to the nub of the problem? If the ordinary Joe Soap can't get his SW claim processed do you think the fatcats in the Dail care? If THEY Didn't get paid/fed/watered/driven around they'd soon get their finger out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I agree with you there. seems Joe soap is the only one being ridden like a donkey.
    Why not start with withdrawing services from the Government TDs Senators etc. Services such as secretarial, drivers, catering, EXPENSE AND SALARY PAYMENTS etc.
    If these people strike it makes no difference to the country, it wouldn't even be noticed and the unions know this. It would be highlighting the fact that half the jobs in the public service are redundant.

Not sure about any of you but the last shopping day...sorry Strike..didn't affect me at all. Again it was targeted at the likes of people with kids etc as they all had to take time off that they couldn't afford to....so this is a repeat - starts as early as monday.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/public-services-facing-crippling-strikes-2092403.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Moved to Politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

flogen wrote: »
    Moved to Politics.

and buried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Theres a huge thread in the Irish Economic sub section of politics here.

Advertisement