Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 VS MW2

Options
  • 09-03-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Im posting this over on the COD thread too - sorry if im not allowed ask this for some mod reason or whatever but here goes and sorry if there is already a thread about this.

I am completely addicted to mw2 - love it! Have only ever played a few early call of duties on the ps2 which i found average.

I have never played battlefield tho and i'm wondering what its like in direct comparison to mw2. I have heard its all about vehicles tho which im not sure would float my boat but if I get a few recommendations im going to get it and have a go.

So whats ya'll think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do you have a PS3....if so rent it from Xtravision. If you like it on that its alot better again on the PC. IMHO its a hell of alot better then MW2 in every department. Realism, sound and graphics not to mention the outstanding playability.

It really is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Yeah ps3 - could get pc version but controls would be a pain in the bum having to get a pc joypad and all that mullarkey - stinks of effort

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ardinn wrote: »
    Yeah ps3 - could get pc version but controls would be a pain in the bum having to get a pc joypad and all that mullarkey - stinks of effort

Why would you need a joypad for the PC apart from helos?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

no comment

WHATTTT!!!!!!

Gamepad for the PC.....OMFG!!!! NEVER I SAY NEVER....go wash your mouth out with salt young man.

One of the main reasons why the PC rocks with FPS games is the keyboard and mouse....nothing can touch it. Playing a 1st person shooter with a keypad is just plain wrong....TABOO is fact. Its like well...your mate fancying your mom....you just dont do it....:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

OK either way whatever you opinions about pad or keyboards I generally play consoles - soooo back to the game debate please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I hope your taking the piss.

I have the 360 version but only because I wanted to play with friends who only have a 360. If I could have, I would have got it for PC and might yet. There really is no comparsion for mouse/keyboard vs controller. You could argue a lot of the other pros/cons of PC vs Consoles such as cost, hassle, drm now I guess. But when it comes to FPSs mouse/keyboard is a million times better.
    Besides they started off on the PC and only appeared on consoles as they use a few tricks to improve the use of a controller, namely light-autoaim and large cursor.

In BC2 vs MW2, well its only been a few days and may still be a bit of a honeymoon period, but overall I think BC2 is a superior game to MW2. In just about every way possibile, give me a few weeks to find its flaws :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Ardinn since you were unaware of the main control method used in PC FPS games maybe you should let us know your PC specs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

bc2 will stomp all over mw2, simple. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I have never played battlefield tho and i'm wondering what its like in direct comparison to mw2. I have heard its all about vehicles tho which im not sure would float my boat but if I get a few recommendations im going to get it and have a go.

Still might be a bit early to say, but I think the vehicles are very well balanced. They arnt overly powerful and there are plenty of ways to avoid them/destroy them.
    That said it will depend hugely on your team.

• Advertisement

Built my pc last year but not for gaming im afraid, mostly music editing and that kinda stuff - 4 gb ram but cheapest graph card poss unfortunately

cheapest graph card poss unfortunately

sorry but not a hope you will be able to run BBC2 without a decent GFX card, it would be like a slideshow

Then lucky im playin the ps3 then. I never wanted to play on pc! Just want peoples opinions on the 2 games head to head!

Then lucky im playin the ps3 then. I never wanted to play on pc! Just want peoples opinions on the 2 games head to head!

Sorry cant help you as I know nothing about consoles and cant stand MW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Its a different game mate, completely different, all they way down to the dynamics of how you move etc.

I found MW2 very frsutrating, however, overtime I improved. I found the game very frantic. Added to that, that complete lack of team work and over powered weapons and air support, I was pulling my hair out some nights.

BC2 is slower with objective based games, so much so that you dont see your kills or deaths when you check the score, you only see that at the end of the game - you really have to work as a team as opposed to running around like a witch stabbing people over and over again.

Give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

This question is a waste of time. Do a search for Quake versus CS and read those millions of threads. Its the same scenario. I happen to like both games for different reasons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MW2 was fun for about a week until i realised nobody played as a team and everyone was out for one thing, ie killstreaks.
    The perks are totally pathetic,the game just feels so arcadey for me.
    Its not a patch on BC2 or indeed COD4 for that matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

BC2 is great. I really haven't played a game in a long time where I actually looked forward to getting on in the evenings for a few rounds. BFV was the last time that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Really liking BC2 at the moment. I am still lowly level 5 noob, but its pretty damn fun. I love those big maps, makes for interesting tactics.

I was playing recon for a bit, but got kinda bored, and started ranking up assault.. its pretty funny ninjaing all the ways behind the enemy team, and just sneaking up and stabbing them in the head (i think the knife action looks better in BC2 as well), while they are rushing forward.
    The amount of dudes who never look behind them is staggering

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Im posting this over on the COD thread too - sorry if im not allowed ask this for some mod reason or whatever but here goes and sorry if there is already a thread about this.

I am completely addicted to mw2 - love it! Have only ever played a few early call of duties on the ps2 which i found average.

So whats ya'll think?

I would say that its far far better than MW2, but then I loved COD 1 and 2 and thought they were far better than either Modern Warfare too, so definitely different taste.
    But either way its a brilliant game, it will never get the acclaim of Modern Warfare i dont think any BF game will i think its a harder game to get into, but having said that its definitely worth a go. I think the atmosphere in Battlefield games are probably the best things about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

karma_ wrote: »
    BC2 is great. I really haven't played a game in a long time where I actually looked forward to getting on in the evenings for a few rounds. BFV was the last time that happened.

Guys play it in 800 X 600 its the best mode there is! Also camp the bit out. If you need more info on either of these tips please speak to Karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I own both games for both PC and Xbox 360.
    And also have every BF for PC and the same with every COD for PC.

MW2, aside from those by Treyarch...is the worst incarnation of any of the CODs in my opinion.
    Matchmaking is totally useless, some of the weapons are quite ridiculous and perks too, Heartbeat sensors for one. It's an average game at best. However, on console it is probably the best FPS (After COD4)

BF:BC2 plays better than MW2, is more graphically intense and has a lot more variety. Focus is on teamwork, where 1 good squad can carry a whole team.
    Can be a bit tough at times, but worth it when you stick around to learn the ropes.
    Theres enough perks and extras in there for any MW2 fanboys.

Also, in respect to the PC versions - 2 words - Dedicated servers !

So I think this debate is well and truely over....BC2 its a no brainer. Even with a joypad :o

Advertisement