Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD burner

• 09-03-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

i want to burn dvds from my computer what is the best DVD burner, and also how long does it normally take to burn a dvd say 700mb or the bigger ones now of bout 1.4gb

can ya burn avi onto dvd ;)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

gamby wrote: »
    i want to burn dvds from my computer what is the best DVD burner, and also how long does it normally take to burn a dvd say 700mb or the bigger ones now of bout 1.4gb

Thanks
    Does you computer not have a DVD burner?

You can get plenty of AVI to DVD convertors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

gamby wrote: »

Thanks

DVDs hold 4.7gb (dual layer twice that, though you neet a compatible burner for those) You can burn avi to DVD although you'll need proper authoring software such as Nero in order for it to be played on DVD player (unless its DivX compatible)
    You can burn at various speeds so can't give a definite answer on how long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RE: burning software. Nero will do the job fine but a far cheaper and just as good alternative is ConvertXtoDVD. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.php

^ Converts .avi files to DVD (.vob files)

Also if you're looking for burning software ImgBurn is great! http://www.imgburn.com/

I'm sure you have a cd/dvd burner drive in the machine. If not you can buy an external one, I'd do a little more research if you're looking for an internal one though. You're gonna need an anti static wrist band for that malarkey! :pac:

Advertisement