Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Crap! Al-Qaida:Plot to kill Swedish cartoonist hatched in Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

durka_durka_durka.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Fair play to them call them extremists if ya want but if somone mocked your religion wouldnt ya want to find them get a big carving knife and slaughter them like lamb right across the juglar..?

I thought the Life of Brian was a right hoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

just shows guys!! the government don,t know who there letting into the country eh

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

if this is true id nearly give up.
    So they come over here crying saying they need asylum there being picked on in their own countries, we give them a free house! Free medical care! Over 200 quid a week! and by the looks of it free internet!! and just sit around although plotting to kill a 64 year old man who drew a picture.

I hope they get extradited or at the very least deported for bring this kind of malarkey over here!
    Personally if I was the government id be looking for some back pay on 200 quid a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

We should have a little drawing competition, who can do the best cartoon of this story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jayboi wrote: »
    if this is true id nearly give up.
    So they come over here crying saying they need asylum there being picked on in their own countries, we give them a free house! Free medical care! Over 200 quid a week! and by the looks of it free internet!! and just sit around although plotting to kill a 64 year old man who drew a picture.

I hope they get extradited or at the very least deported for bring this kind of malarkey over here!
    Personally if I was the government id be looking for some back pay on 200 quid a week!

They probably work in WRH or are WIT students (just to throw in two more stupid sterotypes for you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

mike65 wrote: »
    They probably work in WRH or are WIT students (just to throw in two more stupid sterotypes for you!)

According to RTE their refugees so Im not sure what their legal status would be im not sure if they are allowed to work im sure there would issues with obtaining work premits and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTEs reporting might be right but they seem to be ahead of what the Gardai are willing to say right now (that said I havent seen the news at 6)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mohammed400zk4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

TV3 News Article Video Waterford!

Thats the video there click on the link and it just says about whats happening and all that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Forget RTE or Sky....MSNBC and CNN have got the story. Any publicity for the city in the USA is good publicity I guess.:D
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35777850/ns/world_news-europe/

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/09/ireland.arrests/?hpt=T2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Some people show a real nasty streak when there's foreigners involved. Of course, no Irish person would ever plan to kill anyone. It's only those dirty foreigners, eh?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

iv not heard of any house or bussiness closed off this morning , do we know if was def in city or maybe outskirts of city......it must be serious enough threat if sky and cbs news are covering it too. The republic was seein as easy option for these people i reckon, we just do not know any backround on who has come into this country over the last few years do we.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/09/world/main6281621.shtml?tag=cbsnewsLeadStoriesAreaMain;cbsnewsLeadStoriesHeadlines

Kahless wrote: »
    Some people show a real nasty streak when there's foreigners involved. Of course, no Irish person would ever plan to kill anyone. It's only those dirty foreigners, eh?

I would hazard a guess that no Irish people ever entered a country to kill a gut who wrote a cartoon.

ziedth wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that no Irish people ever entered a country to kill a gut who wrote a cartoon.

Didnt "the simpsons" mock us a few times about bein irish and paddys day?:eek:
    matt were coming to get you .:)

*joking*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

You're right. Our religious zealots prefer to cover up child rape instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colf

Dont know if this is related or not. Was coming home from work this morning about quarter past seven and was going up the Upper Yellow road by the Lantern Pub and there was a squad car, a smaller squad like a panda car and also the unmarked garda car pulled over at the same spot. It might be totally unrelated and they could have been doing traffic surveylance but I thought it was unusual to have such a high presence of gardai in the one spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

you obviously weren't around for the travellers threads last year....and the year before...

You're right. Our religious zealots prefer to cover up child rape instead.

That is stretching IMO, our religious zealots didn't take to the streets in thousands burning effigies of children after the child rape cases came out.

Might I ad I'm not a racist but.................... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

could we convince them to declare jihad on them infidels on the Kilkenny hurling team & then we might have a chance of winning the hurling!

• Advertisement

That is stretching IMO, our religious zealots didn't take to the streets in thousands burning effigies of children after the child rape cases came out.

Might I ad I'm not a racist but.................... :)

yeh, lets not all get carried away , al-qaida is responsible for some terrible terrorist offences 9/11 just one , no body is bein racist if they comment on these people , we just do not like the taughts they are so close to home, how many more are in the republic :confused: or how many could just some day decide to take action in the name of islam or whatever they beleive in , i am sure security was alot lower coming to ireland than goin to u.s or britain , so we may be harbouring some bad eggs , thats not saying we dont have our fair share of bad eggs ourself on this island tho.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Well this incident would be funny if the potential consequences weren't quite so serious and it is something that I alluded to in an earlier thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055805582

As I stated in that thread we haven't a clue who is in our country and we should have otherwise we are inviting trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Great boost for Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 deisebob1

Great boost for Waterford.

Ha in what sense that we can rely on them to bring in the terroist tourist :D Seriously though, I was shocked when I heard this on the news. You wouldnt normally associate al-qaida and waterford in fairness. What this shows is the huge international network that they have. As we have seen in Britain, they could literally be living and operating out of next door to your house and you might not know, scary stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Its going to be on vincent browne next wooo :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 muppet26

similar climate apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mr. SS

Well this incident would be funny if the potential consequences weren't quite so serious and it is something that I alluded to in an earlier thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055805582

As I stated in that thread we haven't a clue who is in our country and we should have otherwise we are inviting trouble.
    Your spot on Judgement Day!!! I think I could be one of the few who is in no way shocked about this, it has simply been a question of "when?" and not "if" for me.

Also despite what some of you would like to think there is a moral element to killing also and killing someone for a cartoon is really at the bottom. you can be sure these people are extreme and have no respect for women/gays either which deems them incapatable with our society and I hope are speedily deported back to whatever dustbowl they came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

surely on what ever form / process they went through to get in here some where along the line they where asked if they where members of any terror group or had any link with any terror group. so surely if they lied on that then there claim for asylum is void , so they should be deported or handed over to the yanks or brits and let them deal with them and not teh irish tax payer spending even more money on these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Merciful ow-er garl would ya look at the durch of that Garda van. Jea-ziss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

No, SOME of our finest went for 3 year olds and 12 year olds

Advertisement