Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Crap! Al-Qaida:Plot to kill Swedish cartoonist hatched in Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

jayboi wrote: »
    if this is true id nearly give up.
    So they come over here crying saying they need asylum there being picked on in their own countries, we give them a free house! Free medical care! Over 200 quid a week! and by the looks of it free internet!! and just sit around although plotting to kill a 64 year old man who drew a picture.

I hope they get extradited or at the very least deported for bring this kind of malarkey over here!
    Personally if I was the government id be looking for some back pay on 200 quid a week!

Seemly the American Travel Agents have a great deal at the moment , An all in muti group package to a lovely quiet isolated bay , They even let you bring 5 to 10 mates FREE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Kahless wrote: »
    Some people show a real nasty streak when there's foreigners involved. Of course, no Irish person would ever plan to kill anyone. It's only those dirty foreigners, eh?

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, let's deport all those filthy Irish people to their own country, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 amzyxx

lets face it lads....they only came to waterford for the blaas boi!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

IT seems to be getting more world wide coverage than irish , not heard any thing on radio today apart from wlr fm , im sure if they were found in dublin it would be headline on six one news ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

ziedth wrote: »
    That is stretching IMO, our religious zealots didn't take to the streets in thousands burning effigies of children after the child rape cases came out.

Might I ad I'm not a racist but.................... :)

How about the other crowd who killed people for less than making a cartoon. Murdering their own religion for associating with the other side. Killing innocent people indiscriminately. And marching. I am talking about the IRA and other such groups, of course.

It's not long since people talked about and were suspicious of Irish people in the same way people are now talking about people from the Middle East and parts of Africa. People have short memories, it seems.

• Advertisement

amzyxx wrote: »
    lets face it lads....they only came to waterford for the blaas boi!!!!

Just as long as there are no ham, sausages or rashers in them, although that makes it seem a bit pointless ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kahless wrote: »
    How about the other crowd who killed people for less than making a cartoon. Murdering their own religion for associating with the other side. Killing innocent people indiscriminately. And marching. I am talking about the IRA and other such groups, of course.

It's not long since people talked about and were suspicious of Irish people in the same way people are now talking about people from the Middle East and parts of Africa. People have short memories, it seems.

but the IRA(in it's current drug dealing terror format) are scum, they are no more pushed to do what they are doing for religion then I am. This is not a race issue, I don't care if someone is middle eastern Mexican, Indian or jamician, black, White, Cuban or aisian (borrowed from will smith :))

The issue here is the people who cause others suffering, and I can't abide these TYPE of Muslims, people who don't cause harm again I don't care if you worship.

I also have issues with people of various beliefs who join a society and refuse to adjust their own beliefs, gay/women rights for example but that is for a diffent day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jo06555 wrote: »
    IT seems to be getting more world wide coverage than irish , not heard any thing on radio today apart from wlr fm , im sure if they were found in dublin it would be headline on six one news ;)

Well isn't that always the way...

Top stories on RTE:
    1. Poolbeg incinerator "unnecessary".
    2. Taxi protest closes St Stephen's Green.
    3. Outbreak of the Rapture in Galway
    4. Waterford nuked: thousands vaporised in horrible death.

At least Sky News would cover it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

fricatus wrote: »
    Well isn't that always the way...

Top stories on RTE:
    1. Poolbeg incinerator "unnecessary".
    2. Taxi protest closes St Stephen's Green.
    3. Outbreak of the Rapture in Galway
    4. Waterford nuked: thousands vaporised in horrible death.

At least Sky News would cover it...

If it was TV3 or the Irish Times it would be Wexford nuked, and outlying survivors taken to Ardkeen General Hospital (where that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its been on Pat Kennys radio programme, its just been covered on DriveTime it was given some time of the lunchtime news too I think. There isn't a media blackout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Apparently some al qaeda members were just arrested in grace dieu..

Friend called me and asked did I see anything about an hour ago.. his dad was driving past and saw loads of guards with assault rifles outside the housing estate by dixies chipper. I did see several DS cars fly past about an hour ago over taking cars going about 90 :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Al Qaeda in Gracedieu?

I really, truly, definitely, absolutely, positively have seen it all now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lads dont bother trying to get anything out of Supermacs on the dunmore Rd, place is wedged with Taliban, toyota pickups parked everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

It's a ploy to divert attention away from the Government's problems I tell ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

fricatus wrote: »
    Al Qaeda in Gracedieu?

I really, truly, definitely, absolutely, positively have seen it all now...

some craic if bin laden was hiding there you'd have to give to him...best hiding place ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

dazftw wrote: »
    I did see several DS cars fly past about an hour ago over taking cars going about 90

Exact same yesterday morning on the Dunmore Road at 8.30, two "secret" garda cars I haven't seen before.....a 2004 MPV and a Toyota Avensis forcing cars off the road at roundabouts and then going in the Dunmore Road on the wrong side. Talk about animated! :p

Apparently some al qaeda members were just arrested in grace dieu..

Friend called me and asked did I see anything about an hour ago.. his dad was driving past and saw loads of guards with assault rifles outside the housing estate by dixies chipper. I did see several DS cars fly past about an hour ago over taking cars going about 90 :pac:

I live just in estate on same rd and yesterday i seein 2 unmarked cop cars fly past my house with sirens on i taught they were chasing someone????

Typical WLR FM and BILLY mcarthy this morning tv3 news have 2 men to appear in waterford court as top story but when we go to billys show we dont hear a screet...... .:rolleyes:

ok he must of heard me its his 2nd item ......;)

Anyone listen to billys show this morning? i agree all muslims cannot be painted with same brush but for billy to be so one sided and dismiss anyone who challenges him on his view is not right , alot of people had worrys when we seein all the different nationalitys arrive here and none of us know their backrounds , but billy would much prefer to sweep this under the carpet and laugh off all his listeners with hints of "dont be racist in his voice" ..according to billy we should all "GET OVER IT"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea the unmarked cars with sirens and disco lights were banging down the quay this morning ... it was like being an extra in
    The Streets Of San Francisco
    (a Quinn Martin Production)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anyone got any links to confirm what happened yesterday?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Anyone got any links to confirm what happened yesterday?

Ye id like to see some too , i found it very strange seein these cars pass so quick on carrickphierish rd yesterday , first i taught it was one car chasing another but it must of bein two unmarked cars , they passed so quick overtaking other cars too , i only seein black car ,i think first car was coloured not sure tho , but its interesting to hear they were down by the chiper with rifles anyone from that estate or passing see anything?

the latest on arrests
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jwDdylfBqdp0BEJeaiTAOBYj0bOwD9ECD24G0

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

jayboi wrote: »
    some craic if bin laden was hiding there you'd have to give to him...best hiding place ever!

hahah

yeah working in AOL

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

So much for the idea that there supposed to seek asylum in the first country they enter? How many countries did they enter to get to here?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

jo06555 wrote: »
    alot of people had worrys when we seein all the different nationalitys arrive here and none of us know their backround

If someone from Cork or Belfast moved in you wouldn't know their background, so to suggest that someone from another country is somehow more worrying could be construed as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

wellbutty wrote: »
    Exact same yesterday morning on the Dunmore Road at 8.30, two "secret" garda cars I haven't seen before.....a 2004 MPV and a Toyota Avensis forcing cars off the road at roundabouts and then going in the Dunmore Road on the wrong side. Talk about animated! :p

that was bin ladens nephew in the mpv and irish fbi in the avensis dunno where the tossers got licences to drive like that ,was there a nuke primed to go off or sumthin.........

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mr. SS

showry wrote: »
    If someone from Cork or Belfast moved in you wouldn't know their background, so to suggest that someone from another country is somehow more worrying could be construed as racist.
    Good to see the PC brigade is alive and well.

Mr. SS wrote: »

Why do you describe thinly veiled reactionary racism as "PC brigade"? There's a hell of a lot of this crap going around Waterford right now. Seems racism is alive and well in Waterford. Not being a racist is nothing to do with PC. It's the racist idiots who have issues. It's not the stone age any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Mr. SS wrote: »

I hate the way that people use the term "Politically Correct" as an insult these days and almost wear it as a badge of honour to proclaim themselves non-PC.
    At the end of the day people shouldn't be judged based on their colour or origin. If you want to call it being politically correct feel free. I prefer to call it civilised.

For what it's worth I'm an atheist and find one religion as ludicrous as another but I really hate prejudice and racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Racism exists worldwide and not just in Ireland.

Having lived in London during the 80's and 90's I along with most other Irish people over there were often subjected to suspicion at best and plenty of abusive comments as well as being spat at whenever there was an IRA atrocity.

The majority of muslims are decent hard working people who are ashamed of what the minority of muslims do in the name of religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

But are we not allowed have a problem with them because they are a different colour?

If you think about it there is a double standard here. The "pc brigade" have mentioned the ira and some kiddy catholic preists (rightly) as being as bad as anyone. But how is bashing these any different from bashing these Muslim scumbags who cause terror and honour killings?

Fact is there ISN'T any difference, what this kind of racism is saying is that it's ok to have a problem with people aslong as they are the some colour or creed as you.

I'm not and I don't think anyone else is saying all Muslims are evil. I'm saying that the Muslims who plan to kill and terrorise innocent people are evil.

Might be worth considering that before anyone throws around the word racist.

Advertisement