Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Crap! Al-Qaida:Plot to kill Swedish cartoonist hatched in Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I have no problem with bashing any scumbags who cause terror and honour killings.
    What I do have a problem is tarring everybody with the same brush which seems to be what's happening on this forum.
    I responded to a post that said
    alot of people had worrys when we seein all the different nationalitys arrive here and none of us know their backrounds
    and I made the point that this could easily be construed as racist. What's the difference between someone you don't know who's white and someone you don't know that's black?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

ziedth wrote: »
    But are we not allowed have a problem with them because they are a different colour?

If you think about it there is a double standard here. The "pc brigade" have mentioned the ira and some kiddy catholic preists (rightly) as being as bad as anyone. But how is bashing these any different from bashing these Muslim scumbags who cause terror and honour killings?

Fact is there ISN'T any difference, what this kind of racism is saying is that it's ok to have a problem with people aslong as they are the some colour or creed as you.

I'm not and I don't think anyone else is saying all Muslims are evil. I'm saying that the Muslims who plan to kill and terrorise innocent people are evil.

Might be worth considering that before anyone throws around the word racist.

I agree and i did say, not all muslims are the same in previous post , as you say it seems like sometimes we cannot have any opinion on this and if we slate this in any way we are bein racist , i worked with 3 muslims in small factory before and they were grand , but most of these asylum seekers came into this country as adults with no major background checks , How do we know how serious they take their religion and how far they would go to protect it , so some people need to think and have a look in courts papers each week , not just muslims but all europeans, romanians ect can be seein in courts all around the country as well as irish but this is our country after all... ,im pretty sure we would not get away with carrying on like that in their countrys..:confused:
    I did hear of a story in dublin before chritsmas like this in link how long will it be before we get objections to our traditions?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1091594/Primary-school-cancels-nativity-play-interferes-Muslim-festival-Eid.html
    And as a matter of interest what would people do if our schools did cancel things in favour of other religions .:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

showry wrote: »

To answer your question, no, I don't think you should be allowed have a problem with them because they are a different colour. That, to me at least, seems the very definition of racism.

that wasn't remotely my question. My question was how is it any different to have a problem with a White terror group like the ira or kkk and have a problem with a different colour group such as the al-Qaida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

that wasn't remotely my question. My question was how is it any different to have a problem with a White terror group like the ira or kkk and have a problem with a different colour group such as the al-Qaida

Apologies ziedth, I misread your question.
    I agree, you should be allowed to object to any terror group, regardless of colour. I think pretty much everyone would agree with that.
    I've edited my post.

The latest story on this , and just think how bad would this of got without them bein caught so soon , a extremist prayer group they were planning on setting up here .:eek:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/arrested-muslims-had-prayer-group-plan-114287.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That isn't the problem. The problem is people treating anyone "a bit brown" as if they are all the same as these. Nobody has a problem calling an actual scumbag a scumbag. It's when everyone who looks similar gets called a scumbag. Or when people are treated with suspicion based on nothing more than them being foreign. And it is happening out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

On a side note to this story.

A large air corp plane landed in Waterford airport that night and a number of troops where seen boarding , My guess and its only a guess
    Rangers where here as back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

ROCKMAN wrote: »

A large air corp plane landed in Waterford airport that night and a number of troops where seen boarding , My guess and its only a guess

Ah jaysus you mean we missed all those men in uniform ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Richard Gere has alot to answer for.............:D

Richard Gere has alot to answer for.............:D

Richard Gere, oh yes please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

showry wrote: »
    I have no problem with bashing any scumbags who cause terror and honour killings.
    What I do have a problem is tarring everybody with the same brush which seems to be what's happening on this forum.
    I responded to a post that said
    alot of people had worrys when we seein all the different nationalitys arrive here and none of us know their backrounds

and I made the point that this could easily be construed as racist. What's the difference between someone you don't know who's white and someone you don't know that's black?

Well I won’t go shouting Racist! Racist! for that! he’s was probably right a lot of people were worried, people are always apprehensive about change
    People really need to step back and not be so quick to make accusation about people and then to paint the whole forum as being that way!

What I notice a lot of is people sitting in the middle and if anyone expresses an opinion to the left or right they jump down their throat for having an opinion. I rather hear an opinion and disagree with it then hear none at all. We're not all the same and shouldn’t be coerced to believing or agreeing with something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I think they were doing some training! A friend of mine in college said he went out to watch lads jumping out of planes. This was at night as well he said.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

latest on arrests,

4released....
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703780204575119174131560714.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories 4 released....

more info on the american woman in papers today that was arrested here...
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/second-woman-arrested-over-artist-plot-20100314-q649.html

I see from news of the world she had facebook page very strange dress up for a american woman who was only converted , her friends seemed to of dumped her quick as their is only 2 remaining on her page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?v=info&ref=search&id=100000877159901 frightening to think she took it so seriously and from her mothers mouth she got "brainwashed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

jo06555 wrote: »
    latest on arrests,

4released....
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703780204575119174131560714.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories 4 released....

more info on the american woman in papers today that was arrested here...
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/second-woman-arrested-over-artist-plot-20100314-q649.html

I see from news of the world she had facebook page very strange dress up for a american woman who was only converted , her friends seemed to of dumped her quick as their is only 2 remaining on her page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?v=info&ref=search&id=100000877159901 frightening to think she took it so seriously and from her mothers mouth she got "brainwashed"

You can see why she went for the Burkha and the dish dash, she has a chin you could rest your balls on ..

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Junior wrote: »
    You can see why she went for the Burkha and the dish dash, she has a chin you could rest your balls on ..

I would like to rest my balls on her chin as I slowly choked the life out of that miserable cnut. My hatred for all things terrorist is in direct proportion to my proximity to ground zero. All this racist BS is ridiculous.....were any of the scumbags on the planes that hit the WTC white? No....they were all camel jockeys who decided a jihad was the way to go. Therefore, they should get "Special Treatment" when they try to travel ANYWHERE outside of their own freakin deserts!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You see that man?

Talking like that is them winning!

You see that man?

Talking like that is them winning!

Bollocks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Two charged in Waterford investigation
    Monday, 15 March 2010 22:12

Two men have been charged in relation to an ongoing garda investigation in Waterford over the past week.

The two men were brought before a Special Sitting of Waterford District Court tonight.

Ali Charaf Damache was charged with making a menacing phone call.
    Advertisement

Abdul Salam Monsour Khalil Aljahani was charged with an immigration offence, in that he failed to produce correct identity papers.

The 33-year-old is originally from Libya.

Both men were remanded in custody to appear before court on Friday.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0315/waterford.html

south wrote: »

Two men have been charged in relation to an ongoing garda investigation in Waterford over the past week.

The two men were brought before a Special Sitting of Waterford District Court tonight.

Advertisement

Abdul Salam Monsour Khalil Aljahani was charged with an immigration offence, in that he failed to produce correct identity papers.

I drove past the court house this evening and there was a lot of activity, people running in carrying cameras etc.

south wrote: »

Advertisement

Waterboard 'em and deport the cnuts to a pig farm so they will never get to see them virgins in heaven...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

heard a lady on jo duffy was getting tons of nasty phone calls and the ngards solution was to ask her to change her phone number or sumthing ,:rolleyes:

whats so special bout this axe weilding swedish arty farty that they have to be wheeling muslims into court here cause he got a nasty fone call...:confused:

deisemum wrote: »
    I drove past the court house this evening and there was a lot of activity, people running in carrying cameras etc.

Strange it was not on news about them in court iv not seein them in papers either , i suppose its only waterford so we not important enough :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You need to spend more time listening/reading the media then!
    http://news.google.com/news/more?um=1&cf=all&ned=en_ie&cf=all&ncl=d6VY0CzA3jj1j1MRJNdlnn5Fbp1xM

As for Hoffmans (foul drink), what the fupp are you trying to say?

mike65 wrote: »
    You need to spend more time listening/reading the media then!
    http://news.google.com/news/more?um=1&cf=all&ned=en_ie&cf=all&ncl=d6VY0CzA3jj1j1MRJNdlnn5Fbp1xM

As for Hoffmans (foul drink), what the fupp are you trying to say?

I actually spend alot of time watching news and listening to radio , this morning iv heard nothing on these 2 men , i too could of googled it and found information on it , i have the star paper and i see nothing in that either , my comment was based on irish media not online media. That does not say we wont hear about them today as we may in later news headlines.:)

I heard it on Newstalk's 8am news headlines this morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heard it on national radio last night and again this morning. Beat always covered it well.

Sully wrote: »
    Heard it on national radio last night and again this morning. Beat always covered it well.

Sentence them to work in Dennys makin the bit of rasher and sausages.....no Allah virgins for them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

chelloveks wrote: »
    Sentence them to work in Dennys makin the bit of rasher and sausages.....no Allah virgins for them!!!

Yep, we got it the first time mate. Very clever stuff I might add.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Looks like Abdul-Salam Mansour Al-Jehani is not his real name , yet he's living here for 9 years after getting refused asylum in the Holland under his real name, do our authorities have any clue on any situation they try to control.
    I'm all for assisting genuine asylum seekers , but these chancers and our BS setup really pisses me off.
    I hope he is deported to whatever country he claims to be from, but they will probably be some free legal aid leech of a solicitor who will drag it through the expensive courts instead to line their own pockets.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0319/waterford.html?RTEMAILID

Man jailed for immigration offence
    Friday, 19 March 2010 17:16
    A 32-year-old man has been sentenced to three months in jail for an immigration offence.

Abdul-Salam Mansour Al-Jehani, who was arrested on 15 March in Waterford, pleaded guilty this morning.

Detective Sergeant Donal Donohue told the court he had arrested Al-Jehani, who is originally from Libya, for not having proper identity documents and charged him under the 2004 Immigration Act.

AdvertisementThe court heard he previously applied for asylum in the Netherlands under his real name but had been refused and when he came to Ireland in 2001, he applied for asylum under a false name.

In October 2008, he was granted leave to remain in Ireland until July 2011.

Al-Jehani had been remanded in custody last week.

His solicitor told the court he had no previous convictions and that he got married in Ireland four years ago under Islamic contract.

Waterford District Court was told the maximum penalty for the offence is 12 months in prison and/or €3,000 fine.

Judge David Kennedy sentenced Al-Jehani to three months in prison and fined him €1,500.

Another man before the court today, Ali Charaf Damache, originally from Algeria, was remanded in custody to next Thursday.

He is charged with making a menacing phone call to another Muslim man in the US.

His solicitor, Brian Chesser, told the court Mr Damache is an Irish citizen as he holds an Irish passport, adding that a bail application will be before the High Court next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

From todays Ny Times , puts our place in the world into perspective I suppose !
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/world/europe/20ireland.html?src=me&ref=world

Advertisement