Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recipes

Options
  • 09-03-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

So I thought it might make for a nice thread if we add our favourite Restaurant Recipes. For example - one of these could be the E&C chicken wings, or there's a recipe for the dry rub Shanahans's uses for their steaks. I'll start!

From Roly's Bistro

Pan-Fried Scallops, Clonakilty Pudding with a creamy Whiskey, Mustard seed sauce

Ingredients:

1/2 Ring of clonakilty black pudding
    3 sprigs of Thyme
    3 large scallops
    3ozs. butter
    1 onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon of whiskey
    2 crushed cloves of garlic
    Mustard Seed
    1 bay leaf 1/4 Pint of Cream

Sauce:

In a small saucepan with 1/2 oz. butter sweat the onion, bay leaf, thyme and garlic. Add the cream and reduce by half. Take off the boil and whisk in 1oz. butter cut in dice. Season and strain and then add the mustard seed. Keep hot but do not boil.

Method:

Cut the black pudding into 4 or 5 half inch slices. Fry the pudding and scallops in the rest of the butter and arrange alternatively around a hot plate. Pour sauce over and garnish with quarters of lemon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

If ANYONE knows how to make this... I'll be in your debt forever!

I have a fish pie that tastes like Eden smokies if anyone wants that recipe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Yes!! All is welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well if one wee dish of Eden smokies isn't enough… I mixed up a few recipes and came up with this one.

Get half & half smoked & white fish. Anything you like really - whatever is cheap at the time is good enough! Parboil baby/chunked potatoes until just about done. Meanwhile, finely chop 1 carrot & 1 onion and fry in butter (or whatever) until nice and soft. I don't let it colour - just do it slowly. When cooked, add a carton of cream and bring to a simmer. Add in a load of chopped parsley and a decent amount of nice strong cheddar.

Plop the fish (cut into chunks), baby tomatoes and the spuds into a dish. Pour over the cream mixure and give everything a good roll around in the sauce. If I have them, I'll add frozen peas at this stage too. You can cover the top with more cheese if you like. Cook for about 30 mins at 180 deg (gas mark 7), giving it a stir about half way through if the top is looking a bit dried out. Serve with lots of white crusty bread, as there will be LOTS of dippage required for the sauce!

Advertisement