Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for COMMERCE students

Options
  • 09-03-2010 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi

Just wondering did you avail of the Quinn laptop offer or did you bring your own?

Which is the best option?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I got the offer although that was when I started in 2005 and it was decent enough value - now there are very good deals in shops all over the place so that gives more options.

However, it's great having ILTG in Quinn to sort out any issues and the extra expense on the Quinn laptops is usually insurance which is very handy if you want to use the same laptop for most/all of your degree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Someone always says it's a total rip off and they got theirs for half the price etc etc but as Jevan says, having the ILTG staff there if anything goes wrong (and it will) is handy out. Plus youre warranty covers you for the 3 years of your degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

The laptop through quinn, with 3 year warranty, insurance, office, case, flux capacitor etc. cost me about 780.. You wont get a laptop with the same specs and the above for less than 600 i reckon, but the convenience of having it preregistered, and the lack of hassle when dealing with ILTG definitely made the extra expense worthwhile in my opinion. Also many people i know seem to have problems connecting to the internet with other laptops, though i think this is something to do with the fact that they arent registered laptops..

Advertisement