Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card limit

Options
  • 09-03-2010 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭

ive got credit card but its limit is 500 euro , and i need to have a bigger one its not possible to get limit upped , say for example i pay 500 on to the credit card would this mean i can spend up to 1000 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

Ya if you put in €500 into your credit card then you're balance will be €1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

yep.

also the longer you have the card the credit will increase. after 3 years you could have a max of 2000 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

Only two problems Keyser. You wont be covered for any credit balance you have on your card (for example if your card got stolen and you had a credit balance of €500, you would not be able to claim it back if the card was used fraudulently). Also, depending on your credit card provider, you may not be able to process a single transaction for more than your limit.

This means if you wanted to say book flights for 1000, you would still only be able to make a transaction for maximum 500 and then a second transaction for 500. If you call the customer service number on your statement/back of card they will be able to tell you if this is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

cool thanks for replies , it would be only a once off like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

^^^ famous last words;)

I got the bank to reduce my credit limit from 5000 to 500. Best move EVER

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

yep.

also the longer you have the card the credit will increase. after 3 years you could have a max of 2000 credit.

They're not allowed to automatically increase your limit now. You have to apply for it yourself. I think this is part of the CPC Regulations, not 100% sure.

Advertisement