Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game titles that don't suit the game?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Killzone 2. Such a generic name. Even "Shooting-things 2: The Shootening" is better.

A Killzone is the target area for a planned military attack or ambush.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

ongarite wrote: »
    A Killzone is the target area for a planned military attack or ambush.

Or in layman's terms the place where the killing happens :D It's not that it's not suitable, just that it tells you absolutely nothing about the game and is such a bland title that most of my mates were putoff by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What about Syphon Filter?? What the hell does that mean?

Syphon Filter is the name of a virus. Still an awkward title though!

I imagine titles are picked more for marketing reasons than artistic ones. Bioshock and Final Fantasy don't have much relevance in their game worlds, but we remember them.

Ring of Red is an awful title, put me off buying it back in the day...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr. K wrote: »
    Ring of Red is an awful title, put me off buying it back in the day...

A pity because it's rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I thought everyone knew what MDK stood for?

If I remember correctly it was written in the manual or something as an intro (the PC version) I remember it being a "Awww okay, that's what it stands for" moment

It started with something like "Get ready to Murder. Death. Kill. your way through..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Now I wanna play MDK again.
    And I don't have my disc/money to buy it from Good Old Games.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Now I wanna play MDK again.
    And I don't have my disc/money to buy it from Good Old Games.
    :(

It's only about €4. So is MDK 2 actually. And Beyond Good & Evil for €7 :D I'd nearly buy it to save looking for the disc.

Back on topic, definitely Far Cry, Far Cry 2 and Crysis. Complete and utter lack of imagination. Also the Unreal franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

LinHaX wrote: »
    My favourite is Guild Wars. Does anyone play PvP or GvG? In my opinion it`s all about grinding/farming, so the right title should be Farmer Wars or similar ^^

I used to play Guild Wars back in 2006. Back then there was a very active GVG scene. Then came the followup "Factions" and FVF was also very popular. I haven't played the game in a long time, though I don't remember there being that much grinding involved. I never really played it past Factions so the later stand alone (can't remember the name) as well as the add on eye of the north may have had grinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Or in layman's terms the place where the killing happens :D

you could even say its the "zone" in which the killing takes place

Advertisement