Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

annual cost of Caravan site

• 09-03-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

What is the annual cost of a caravan site in Ireland - roughly. I am trying to decided wheather to buy a caravan or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I know of one that is ~1700€ in kerry...that was what a chap told me he was paying to have his caravan there for the year.
    Rgds,
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Prices vary. One new one near Tralee was asking for 1000 euro, I was tempted but its great to visit differant places. Caravans seem very keenly priced at the moment. Bought a Hobby one a year and a half ago. Took it the length of England to Kent. Great holiday.
    PS be careful what make you buy if you want to go to G.B. They are very fussy on what brands they will let you in with to their campsites, as I found out much to my surprise with my Irish brogue, silver jeep and "big" Hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

time lord wrote: »
    Prices vary. One new one near Tralee was asking for 1000 euro, I was tempted but its great to visit differant places. Caravans seem very keenly priced at the moment. Bought a Hobby one a year and a half ago. Took it the length of England to Kent. Great holiday.
    PS be careful what make you buy if you want to go to G.B. They are very fussy on what brands they will let you in with to their campsites, as I found out much to my surprise with my Irish brogue, silver jeep and "big" Hobby.

ok thanks - it is an elddis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

The only makes I remember were Fendt, Hobby. There were about 8 others but I cant remember them.
    The only real restriction I've heard of over here is that some parks don't want to take twin axel touring caravans.
    You should really enjoy the experience and the caravan bonus is that when you make camp you can drive off to the local town/shops etc which is somewhat restricted when you have a campervan. The last thing you want to do is batten down everything and leave pitch etc when your in a campervan. So you can be somewhat restricted if beach or shops are not within walking distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

but a touring bike and a tent wont cost you feck all:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement