Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you help Eilish cover a building in Limerick in a woollen blanket for charity?

Options
  • 09-03-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I haven't seen this mentioned in the forum and I've just posted it in Arts and Crafts but because it's Limerick specific, I thought you'd forgive me the intrusion.

We're giving a shout out to Eilish, a 3rd year sculpture student in Limerick School of Art and Design who wants to cover an entire building in Limerick with a large knitted blanket.

Details in this image:

16875_273291238794_266235558794_3309167_2720423_n.jpg

She also says:
    When the project has been completed, the blanket will be separated into smaller knitted blankets which will then be donated to the St Patrick's Hostel on Clare St, Limerick, run by the St. Vincent de Paul.

The charity is very deserving and has helped a lot of people in Ireland, and that's why this project will give something back to them.

After seeing the Vodafone knitting ads, Eilish got in touch with Vodafone Ireland they helped her make this video to promote what she's doing:

So, could Boards.ie members help her? Could you? All Eilish's details are on Facebook, but it'd be cool to think that we could be part of brightening Limerick and helping a very worthwhile cause.

You're under no obligation to be involved and no, Vodafone aren't paying us to "spam" you with this - I just was told about the project, thought it pretty cool and well worth a mention - especially in the Limerick forum!

Cheers

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Sounds like a great idea, perhaps you could make one big enough to cover the Patrick St/Ellen St block?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've no problem with this, Darragh.

Good luck Eilish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea, perhaps you could make one big enough to cover the Patrick St/Ellen St block?

We aint got no regeneration but we're getting some insulation!!!

- Best of luck with the Project Eilish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

best of look Eilisih. great ideas:)

Advertisement