Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Visit

Options
  • 09-03-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Myself and the missus will be making our first visit to Kilkenny w/end 20th March.
    Can someone recommend a nice restaurant near our hotel The Pembrooke.

Also can you recommend some pubs suitable for the over forties I would like to find a trad session if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Zuni, directly across the road from your hotel boasts a delightful evening fare.

http://www.zuni.ie/

Can't help you with the trad.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Not near your hotel but not a million miles away either - Campagne restaurant - http://www.campagne.ie/
    Very good value early bird on the Saturday from 6pm I think and in my opinion you won't find a better restaurant in Kilkenny. I was there last Saturday mmmmmmmm.
    4 mins in a taxi or 15 minutes stroll away if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mini_Bar

Lautrecs Brasserie - good mix of food - (056)7762720 - less than 5 mins walk
    Rinuccini Restaurant - pricier italian - (056)7761575 - Behind Pembroke
    Zuni - (056)7723999 - opposite Pembroke

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was highly impressed by Rinucinis the last time I was there, the chef in the River Court is also excellent, he used to be chef on the QEII. Zuni is also good for the fayre.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

Check out Tomás Jackman, he usually plays Kytlers on a Saturday around 9 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

Thank you guys for your help.

I put all the restaurant names you gave me into a hat, got herself to pull one out, and the winner was ( drumroll)....... Lautrecs. So I booked it for sat night.

Will let yawl know the verdict.

Now if only I could find a session to bring my banjo to Id be deleeriously happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

martin1 wrote: »
    Myself and the missus will be making our first visit to Kilkenny w/end 20th March.

Also can you recommend some pubs suitable for the over forties I would like to find a trad session if possible
    Bollard's (just at the junction of High St. and Kieran St.) used to have a trad session, not sure which night though. It's a pleasant pub for a pint anyway.
    Mini_Bar wrote: »
    Rinuccini Restaurant - pricier italian - (056)7761575 - Behind Pembroke
    Rinuccini's do much the same menu at lunchtime, and much more reasonably priced, if you were looking for somewhere mid-day.

Advertisement