Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken breasts stuffed with...???

Options
  • 09-03-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've been hanging round here for a while but my first time to post here so hoping ye can help a girl out.

As the title suggests i'm running out of ideas for what to stuff my chicken breasts with, i normally stuff with philidelphia garlic & chive and wrap in parma ham but am kinda getting sick of this and would love some new ideas as i eat chicken breasts a few times a week!

All suggestions welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Black pudding or sausage with sage
    Basil & sundried tomatoes
    Lemon, anchovy & garlic butter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

a herb stuffing

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Pate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I second the black pudding, but I fry it up first with chopped onion.

Also, try stuffing the breast with red peppers from a jar. I think they are pickled? Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm not a lover of black pudding tho and ashamed to say not too sure how to make my own stuffing :o but i do like the sound of it...

as for the basil and sundried tomatoes, do u put fresh basil leaves with the tomatoes? i'm a pretty basic cook as ye've all probably guessed!! so keep the suggestion coming, my belly thanks ye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Stuffing is dead easy little miss. You can do it on the pan and put whatever you want in it! My homemade Stuffing with lentils and black olives always goes down a treat!

Fry off some onion, Garlic and some mixed herbs in a pan. Add lentils (from a can is fine) and sliced black olives.
    Push mixture taround the side of the pan and melt a good know of butter in the middle. Sprinkle a handfull of breadcrumbs around the mixture and then work it into the butter. continue frying til the breadcrums are well coated and lovely golden brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Stuffing is something of a personal taste and there would be no set recipe as some like a wet stuffing and others a dry crispy stuffing.
    If using it to stuff chicken breasts its better to use it dry as the chicken juices will moisten it.

This is how I make it
    Melt about a dessertspoon of butter in a saucepan
    put a small onion in a food processor and whizz
    Put the onion in the melted butter and saute over a low to medium heat until the onion becomes clear. (about 5 mins )
    Put 2-3 slices of bread into the food processor with fresh herbs a (Sprig of Parsley, thyme and sage) or 1 -2 teaspoons of mixed herbs and season with pepper and salt.
    Mix the onion and bread together

To the stuffing you can add :

Lemon Rind
    Orange rind
    Cajun spices

2 fresh basil leaves & 2/3 sundried tomatoes. Simple as. You can put a slice of garlic in too if you like that kind of thing.

Black pudding is actually pre-cooked so there is no need to heat it before stuffing the chicken. Cut a slice or 2 and stuff into the chicken breast. It's also lovely shoved underneath the skin of a leg or breast on the bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Panchetta (rashers), mature cheddar and half a small chilli finely chopped.... only great...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

Panchetta (rashers), mature cheddar and half a small chilli finely chopped.... only great...

Thanks everyone i'm practially drooling here at my desk! i have parma ham in the fridge at the min and chedder cheese but no chilli, this is probably a stupid question but could i use chilli powder instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thanks everyone i'm practially drooling here at my desk! i have parma ham in the fridge at the min and chedder cheese but no chilli, this is probably a stupid question but could i use chilli powder instead?

Try it, if it works let us know :D cant see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

cheddar mushroom coriander & dried apricot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Hey lads, could you use potatoe as stuffing? I think it could be nice.

Would you just cook the spuds as normal and then stuff the fillets and bake or would this burn the spud?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

White pudding and whiskey.

dioltas wrote: »
    Hey lads, could you use potatoe as stuffing? I think it could be nice.

Would you just cook the spuds as normal and then stuff the fillets and bake or would this burn the spud?

I'm not so sure I'd stuff them with potato to be honest. I'd use them as a topping or underneath to soak up juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dromarka

cooked finely chopped spinach and goats cheese wrap them in pancetta oven at 190 for 25 minutes (2 breasts) to die for

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

pesto n mozzarella? there are a variety of pestos you could try - basil, tomato, red pepper, corriander!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I stuffed mine recently with mozzarella, garlic and parsley and it was yummy. Seared then in a pan then chucked into the oven until cooked. NOM.

We need a 'drool' button for this forum!!

Advertisement