Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Thanks everyone for the replies. To be honest, I'm only slightly less confused than ever, but that's boards.ie and different opinions for you!

I've narrowed it down to city centre / west city, so looking at Salthill, Shantalla, and a few places like that.

I'm going to be renting, budget is €700 a month max. Want to get a place to myself.

Any specific areas you can give me would be great! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

markesmith wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the replies. To be honest, I'm only slightly less confused than ever, but that's boards.ie and different opinions for you!

I've narrowed it down to city centre / west city, so looking at Salthill, Shantalla, and a few places like that.

I'm going to be renting, budget is €700 a month max. Want to get a place to myself.

Any specific areas you can give me would be great! Thanks again.

As you want something concrete, I will give you that

www.daft.ie/2861554

This is Close enough to town (College Road = No need for taxis), you can see water. Maybe traffic & parking will be a bit troublesome here, it is not the fanciest place I have seen either but I would consider this if I was in your position. I'll have a look if I see something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Here's a Shantalla one

A Rahoon one

It's more fun looking when you're not moving yourself :)
    There's a few houses there too in your bracket

inisboffin wrote: »

It's more fun looking when you're not moving yourself :)
    There's a few houses there too in your bracket

I agree, it's like playing God. Funnily enough i looked at the exact same 2 as well, but man that COUCH on the Shantalla one *shiver* , I can just see someone sitting there, and that person is not in a happy place :-), last one is good.

Just out of curiosity, are you living on boffin yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ha ha, wondered if the couch would be spotted and shivered at!
    Think beyond the couch! ;)

Nope, I'm not on Boffin, but would love a sunny stroll there soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You're right .. 'tis fun looking when it's not for you. Re the Shantalla one, yup think beyond the couch all right: you can see the kitchen cupboards and sink, and light coming from the right of the picture (I'd guess from a doorway). Where's the cooker, fridge and washing machine though? Why haven't they got a photo of that part of the kitchen. It must be pretty bad ...

IMHO, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

JustMary wrote: »
    You're right .. 'tis fun looking when it's not for you. Re the Shantalla one, yup think beyond the couch all right: you can see the kitchen cupboards and sink, and light coming from the right of the picture (I'd guess from a doorway). Where's the cooker, fridge and washing machine though? Why haven't they got a photo of that part of the kitchen. It must be pretty bad ...

IMHO, of course!
    Hi folks will be moving to the great city of Galway as will be starting a job on the 6th april
    really looking forward to it
    Just had to laugh as the house in shantalla is one of the places that my mate and i were looking at and man that is one hell of a hideous couch would have to be replaced

Anyway not to harp on but if people could keep there recommendations of where to live as close to the city centre as possible with a budget of €700 a month for a two bed House/Apartment I would be most appreciative
    Thanks

Hi folks will be moving to the great city of Galway as will be starting a job on the 6th april
    really looking forward to it
    Just had to laugh as the house in shantalla is one of the places that my mate and i were looking at and man that is one hell of a hideous couch would have to be replaced

Anyway not to harp on but if people could keep there recommendations of where to live as close to the city centre as possible with a budget of €700 a month for a two bed House/Apartment I would be most appreciative
    Thanks

Good work, welcome here. If you indeed move in to the place with the couch I am willing to partly sponsor a new couch provided that you burn the existing one and I can watch it burn.

2bed house, can you describe what is more important to you - close to city vs standard of house - you always have to compromise. What is an acceptable walking distance for you in to town / do you have a skateboard etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

swe_fi wrote: »
    Good work, welcome here. If you indeed move in to the place with the couch I am willing to partly sponsor a new couch provided that you burn the existing one and I can watch it burn.

2bed house, can you describe what is more important to you - close to city vs standard of house - you always have to compromise. What is an acceptable walking distance for you in to town / do you have a skateboard etc?
    Honest to god i really think we should start a collection or at least a petition to get rid of that monstrosity of a couch

Want somewhere comfortable does not have to be top of the range thinking city centre living would be just too expensive as your talking €800 a month
    Anywhere thats a 10 to 15 min walk would be perfect as i will be working in forster street
    if there any housing estates or areas you could recommended that would be great as i not that familar with the suburbs at all

Advertisement