Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Barking Alarm System

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

the lawman wrote: »
    Hey Im thinking of installing this dog barking alarm system: http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/rex10-barking-alarm-system-p-1151.html

Anyone have any experience or comments that may be of help?

Thanks

Hi the lawman,

I just had a quick look at the link. I see one of the reviewers said that it only has one dog barking plus reading through the script they give they say :
    "Conventional burglar alarm systems are very effective; but, they do have one drawback: the intruder has already forced the door or entered the home by the time the alarm is triggered."
    A properly installed alarm will activate before an intruder gains entry to your house.

They also say :
    "What is really needed is a system that can protect the home before the burglar breaks in - a first line of defence. A weatherproof infrared motion detector discretely mounted above the front door detects an approaching person and sends a radio message to trigger the base unit."
    You would need more than the one of these units mounted around the house plus they run off batteries. I would rather have a properly installed alarm system with the x10 controlled lights fitted to activate when someone tries to break in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Thanks Altor.

I think your middle paragraph agrees with this device. I intend to have these sensors in strategic places around the house maybe 4 altogether. It looks like a good idea.

I guess I'm looking for people who have specific experience of these devices.

Cheers

I would rather have a properly installed alarm system with the x10 controlled lights fitted to activate when someone tries to break in than have this unit installed. As they say : Conventional burglar alarm systems are very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Thanks for your opinion but as I said anyone with direct experience with these deivices would be helpful!!

the lawman wrote: »
    Thanks for your opinion but as I said anyone with direct experience with these deivices would be helpful!!

Your welcome, hopefully someone can give you feedback on this produce. Maybe even email the seller if you dont get any replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ferguson

what about this one

reviews of the one in OP say not realistic

Advertisement