Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re: Taxation On Other Earnings

• 09-03-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I wish to find out about taxation on other earnings. I'm a PAYE worker but play music part time in a band. I want to declare an amount to the revenue. I called revenue about this and they told me there is a threshold regarding other earnings. She said the figure is €3250 if you are under that you can get revenue to adjust your TFA on your PAYE details, if you go over this threshold you are technically classes as self employed. If anyone out there has suggestions about this it will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

She pretty much answered it for you?

I'm not sure what the question is.

You want to know how to pay the tax? If you are under that magic number then we code it in for the year against your tax credits so you don't have to worry about it; unless you estimated the yearly amount incorrectly. At that point you would have an underpayment of tax for that year. But at any point of before mid November we can adjust your credits to accommodate your other incomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

She pretty much answered it for you?

I'm not sure what the question is.

You want to know how to pay the tax? If you are under that magic number then we code it in for the year against your tax credits so you don't have to worry about it; unless you estimated the yearly amount incorrectly. At that point you would have an underpayment of tax for that year. But at any point of before mid November we can adjust your credits to accommodate your other incomes.

Thx for the reply. I guess I just send a letter to revenue stating this and get them to adjust my Tax Credits to reflect this income.
    Is the figure she quoted correct. She was not 100% sure on that :eek:

Advertisement