Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much for a photo...

• 09-03-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

One guy contacted me as he wants to buy one of my photographs,printed on canvas 1x1.5m .Probably he wants to put it into his office.How much should I say?(I never sold any)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Work put how much it will cost to get printed onto canvas then add on what you think it's worth. Cost +€100?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

http://blogs.photopreneur.com/what-to-consider-when-charging-for-your-first-sale

As a rule of thumb I'd be inclined to start at 3 times the cost of the Frame or in this case the canvas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

3 times more than frame costs sounds ok,actually it really depends who the buyer is and like in that article was written ,how big were the costs of the photo making.was thinking over 100€ anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Where did the guy see your photo(s) that he enquired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

quick rough guide on pricing

cost of materials X 3 = rough price

i.e. if materials cost €100 then price will be €300
    however if materials cost €1 then price will have to be what the market will bare €3 ,€4, €5,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

Where did the guy see your photo(s) that he enquired?

On the cover of one of the popular Irish newspapers.And I googled him and he's not too bad,he's in estate agencies so probably I could ask for a few quids more... or maybe it's not ethic? or you have the rights to be a businessman sometimes especially when it comes to your work?

discuss please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

woytek_tzn wrote: »
    On the cover of one of the popular Irish newspapers.And I googled him and he's not too bad,he's in estate agencies so probably I could ask for a few quids more... or maybe it's not ethic? or you have the rights to be a businessman sometimes especially when it comes to your work?

discuss please...

I doubt very much if he would take advantage of you in such a way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If he has more than one office (being an Estate agent) or might possibly want prints for show rooms or show houses, it could be another way of getting a few more orders from him. Certainly worth inquiring about.

Advertisement