Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bin Charges tax relief

• 09-03-2010 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to find this out, but if not, please feel free to move it.

It seems that I can claim relief from the Revenue for bin charges that I have paid. Unfortunately this was back in 2006 and while I can still claim the relief, I have no clue as to how much I paid. I'm 99.9% sure I don't have any of the bills or documentation.

Is there anyway I can find out this information?

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown is my County council if that helps.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have to have the bills, and you have to keep them for 5 years. If you don't have the bills, then I don't believe you can claim.

This should be in taxation, so I'll move it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you paid yearly your local council will have receipts and copies of your bills. If you did not it might be harder. However either way you can claim going forward, They add it on to your tax statement.

i claimed it backward and got 300 euro for 4 years.... Better in my pocket than theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to find this out, but if not, please feel free to move it.

It seems that I can claim relief from the Revenue for bin charges that I have paid. Unfortunately this was back in 2006 and while I can still claim the relief, I have no clue as to how much I paid. I'm 99.9% sure I don't have any of the bills or documentation.

Is there anyway I can find out this information?

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown is my County council if that helps.

Cheers.

You should ask them for a letter showing each year's figures and make your claim.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it1.html#section14 is where you can download IT27, the info sheet and claim form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Top of the house- first sticky

Advertisement