Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppy Seeds

Options
  • 09-03-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy poppy seeds - preferably one of the main supermarkets as I live in Longford there's not a whole lot of choice. Tried Tesco today - no joy.

I'm also looking for coarse polenta...

A healthfood store will probably be my next port of call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Any polish shops around you? They'll carry poppy seeds (mak).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Thanks Magic.
    My mammy got me some in the Golden health food store, so I'd better make her something nice now :P

The polenta says it's organic but doesnt say what grade (coarse,fine etc) never having used it before, i'm not sure myself but it will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kerash wrote: »
    Thanks Magic.
    My mammy got me some in the Golden health food store, so I'd better make her something nice now :P

The polenta says it's organic but doesnt say what grade (coarse,fine etc) never having used it before, i'm not sure myself but it will do the job.

I think if it s called polenta, it should be coarse.
    If it was fine, it would be maize flour or corn meal.
    I think.

I cooked polenta for the first time the other day - was very happy with the results.

kerash wrote: »
    Thanks Magic.

That is such a good healthfood shop. We are really lucky to have it.
    What are you making? As a matter of interest? (Hopes it is caek)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Moonbaby wrote: »
    That is such a good healthfood shop. We are really lucky to have it.
    What are you making? As a matter of interest? (Hopes it is caek)
    It is cake! Orange and Polenta to be exact.http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/baking/cakes/orange-polenta-cake-with-rosemary-and-orange-syrup-recipe_p_1.html

I also used some of the Polenta instead of breadcrumbs in meatballs, turned out nicely.:)

• Advertisement

OUh that sounds so different! Come back with a verdict please!

Advertisement