Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found wood in frozen product, what can i do?

Options
  • 09-03-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help! I was making baby food for my seven month old daughter and used the dunnes stoes brand frozen spinach while doing so. I was about to give her her meal and found a big solid chip of wood, I was lucky I seen it as it definitely would have choked her had she swallowed it! Im so angry. Its just not good enough. Thankfully it didnt end in tears but it could have! Who should I ring about this or what can I do? I dont want to just let it go as it was in my baby girls food.

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
    Lisa :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact Dunnes and let them know, maybe? I don't see how anyone else can do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tell Dunnes, then move on.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Depends what you want. A simple apology, then write or phone the manufacturers. If you want to claim off them for damages, then you will need legal advice. You could also contact the food safety authority.
    Unfortunately, with any kind of food production, this kind of thing happens. I think everyone has a story or two of contaminated food (plasters, insects, metal etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

Definitely go to the food safety authority, if there's a contamination in a batch they have the power to withdraw it

http://www.fsai.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LisaPol

thanks a lot for your speedy replies :) I dont want to claim anything so wouldnt be going down that road, I will contAct dunnes and the fsai, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Dunnes didn't make / pack the food - a third party compnay did, so Dunnes will be very happy to get details and investigate how it got there.

These things happen, but its only when a consumer reports incidents to the retailer / manufacturer that it can be prevented from happening again.

- How about a blade knife in a children's game???? after investigation the company found it was similar to knives used in the factory the game was made and took steps to prevent it happening again. (so they said :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

OP as with all manufactcured foods there is an intinsic risk of a contamination. I would say that you should contact Dunnes first...if they have put their name to the product they should be pretty sure that the its all good.
    Having said that...wood control within a food manufacturing site is a basic control to be applied....so there are serious questions that need answering.
    You say its wood, but are you sure its not some other form of organic matter??

Advertisement