Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibood Hunt Sale Coming Up

• 09-03-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Received this email a few mins ago

Dear iBOOD'er,

What happens when the lights start to flash? The Forum starts sizzling and your fingers fly instinctively to the refresh button of your browser. Offers follow each other at quicksilver speeds and bargains rush past you thick and fast. This can only mean one thing - the iBOOD Hunt is on! Our purchasers have worn out three Blackberry?s a day over the last few weeks shopping around to bring you the best possible deals. The Hunt not only offers you a chance to get great new bargains, it also gives you the opportunity to catch all your missed iBOODs. And that too with discounts of up to 90%!

What can you expect?
    iBOOD normally has just one super offer a day. Things, however, change during the Hunt. At that time, offers follow each other like superfast express trains and you can spot up to 100 different top notch offers on 1 day! Watch out, though, the Hunt offers are all available only for very short periods, so don't blink or you might miss out on a super bargain! As soon as the blue lights on the home page begin to flash, you know that the bugles have blown to signal the hunt on iBOOD.com!

When is the Hunt?
    Now that, of course, is a surprise. We are not letting on anything - our lips are sealed. Here is a good tip though: keep watchful eyes on our site this week...

Is the forum online during the Hunt?
    More than ever: the iBOOD forum is absolutely "the place to be" in during the Hunt. It is busier and more fun than a bar on a Saturday night or a motorway on a Monday morning. But just like a motorway that gets chock-a-block full with cars, our forum can also get stuck on occasion during a Hunt. Consequently, it sometimes becomes too much for the site. Our developers will stand by to wipe the sweat off of the server, so to speak, to revive it with a refreshing sip of water, give it a pat on the shoulders and send it on its way again. Unfortunately though, even the best of care sometimes cannot ensure that everything functions optimally. In such an event the forum is turned off so that the rest of the site can remain functional, ensuring that your bargain hunt does not suddenly get interrupted!

We wish you lots of fun and good luck during the upcoming iBOOD Hunt!

Team iBOOD

Said id post it here as these are usually some serious Bargains. Keep yer eyes pealed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

how serious are we talking hogzy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Super serial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Do a search of this forum for the previous hunts; This forum does tend to go a bit crazy during it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

last ibood hunt I ordered this;
    1x Samsung SD Camcorder SMX C14 with 10x Optical Zoom € 119.95
    1x UK plug € 0.00

Delivery Costs € 12.50
    Total € 132.45

Which was a very good offer.

Pity a stupid UPS delivery man lost/stole it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Link to thread for the last ibood hunt: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

These are typically pretty damn good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭djdunny

the standard offers usually change at 11pm so keep an eye out after that. they mite be a bit different for the hunt sale. either way it should be good. (sits patientlly with credit card grasped tight) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Is this starting tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Is this starting tonight?

The email above says its sometime this week

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jump

Funny i didn't get an e mail and i've got a few things in the past from them. Will have to keep an eye out this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

last time one of these was on, their server crashed repeatedly and I just gave up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

I think it has started now!!! it changed at 11

bazery wrote: »
    I think it has started now!!! it changed at 11
    Nah.. you'll see flashing sirens when it's on.

These ones to be specific:

ibood_hunt_blue_light.gifibood_hunt_blue_light.gifibood_hunt_blue_light.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Is it best to follow the Ireland link from the main page guys? Never really used this site before.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

That or else ibood.ie will redirect to the Ireland page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Ya have to have your wits about ya lads... it's an impulse buyers wet dream... you'll end up with no money left!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I always do seem to miss those hunts.
    Will it start at the same time of the day when the normal offers change, i.e 2300?

inforfun wrote: »
    I always do seem to miss those hunts.
    Will it start at the same time of the day when the normal offers change, i.e 2300?

yeah, but offers only last until they sell out... could be 2 mins or 1 hour until the next change..

oh, and there are rumours that only certain countries get certain things, so best to just look at the irish page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

jameshayes wrote: »
    yeah, but offers only last until they sell out... could be 2 mins or 1 hour until the next change..

oh, and there are rumours that only certain countries get certain things, so best to just look at the irish page

Yes, i know they go fast at times.
    And since i still have an address in Holland i can use i just open 2 browsers... :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So what way does it work, if you want to buy something you click on "I'll take it!" and then its yours as long as you complete the transaction in a certain amount of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

I tried to think of something interesting to say, or even some relevant question to ask
    But the truth is I want to suscribe to this thread so that maybe some nice boardsie will alert me to when the Hunt starts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

DustyBin wrote: »
    I tried to think of something interesting to say, or even some relevant question to ask
    But the truth is I want to suscribe to this thread so that maybe some nice boardsie will alert me to when the Hunt starts :D

DustyBin wrote: »

silence is the key lads! Every man for himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Still no sign of the hunt starting, I have been looking at the feckin weighing scales all day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

I'd nearly buy one for the sake of it.

what time bout did the last hunt start, was it 11 pm? I've been monitoring it all day and i'm disheartened already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dazzy wrote: »
    Still no sign of the hunt starting, I have been looking at the feckin weighing scales all day!!!

Haha That was me earlier too, until I got sick and tired of looking at the same page forever. Hopefully it starts soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I don't know much about this ibood but now I feel that I have to stay up in case I miss some good offers:(:( I'm sooooooooooooo tired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

the offers on ibood are never that great.
    the original price they quote is always what the price was, like a year previous!

Tiesto wrote: »
    the offers on ibood are never that great.
    the original price they quote is always what the price was, like a year previous!
    The iBOOD Hunt prices are typically pretty damn good though..

.. although everything worthwhile will be there and gone in a matter of seconds!

basquille wrote: »
    The iBOOD Hunt prices are typically pretty damn good though..

.. although everything worthwhile will be there and gone in a matter of seconds!

i never noticed a huge difference in pricing between the Hunt pricing and normal.

HUNT IS ON!

Sirens for €15? Nahhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Damn beat me to it! :D

Some bargain the first one is:)

hunt is on lads, i'm nearly certain

Is the blue bar the stock level??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

It's on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

basquille wrote: »
    HUNT IS ON!

Sirens for €15? Nahhh!

8 euro here ;:P

http://www.ibood.com/be/nl/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Ah lad's surely you have something better to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

uhullllll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Just for anyone new to these hunts, the blue bar between the sirens is the stock level, so you know when to use the bathroom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Come on lads, hurry up and buy them so we can get something better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

4191_yY_hi_1251136791.jpg

seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

:(:(I'm scared:(:(

Just for anyone new to these hunts, the blue bar between the sirens is the stock level, so you know when to use the bathroom :pac:

everybody buy one siren just to speed things up, k? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

half of the freaking sirens gone !

Come on a weighing scales!!!

Murilloinf wrote: »
    half of the freaking sirens gone !

The gardai are buying them all up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

site is seriously in need of an auto-refresh script

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

There will be a rush in the morning when they realise they need USB ports for the squad cars!

Cowon S9 8Gb Titanium with AMOLED Touch Screen and Bluetooth
    4445_ww_hi_1265987942.jpg

- €120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

All the sirens gone now .....