Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another bottom line question: Verbal agreements

• 09-03-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I had a fantastic (spur of the moment) opportunity today: To photograph the interior and exterior of a historic building which is now part of a hospital/respite center for the disabled. Out of respect for patient dignity and privacy they verbally asked me to allow them to vet any photos I wish to publish. I am perfectly agreeable with this, as I understand they are normally shy about allowing photographers in in the first place.

Should I just leave things as-is, or take a step further to confirm all of this in writing to avoid any later confusion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No harm in doing up a quick page or two...
    if anything you can add a line to the affect " I wont publish these on tonights sixone news" to put their mind at ease too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

If both of you are happy with that why change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Get it in writing to be absolutely sure. I would leave a space in the drawn up contract to allow you to insert names / numbers of any images you are allowed to use.

I had an issue myself this week where a lady questioned me on a sample image I use on my stall front. She was quite agressive asking had I permission to use it, of course I had I ask every client if I can use images for display and have never had a no, usually they are quite proud to have their childs image on display, had I a document there I would have showed her too, I was quite surprised by the manner, by the way she was an aunt of the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Because I've had my ass bitten in a very bad way in the past through other verbal agreements gone south/sour. I have a simple desire to pretty much just have "I will not publish these without your say-so" in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Fenster wrote: »
    Because I've had my ass bitten in a very bad way in the past through other verbal agreements gone south/sour. I have a simple desire to pretty much just have "I will not publish these without your say-so" in writing.

No harm I have a paragraph in all my wedding contracts to state that I will use the images for samples unless the clients wish otherwise, that way I dont even need to have specific permission on each image, by signing the contract the clients automatically agree, if they dont I mark it on the contract and we both initial it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement