Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Dollar exchange rate

Options
  • 09-03-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I have been watching the exchange rate for the past few months as I am traveling to Australia in June. I have seen the dollar rise against the Euro and other currencies significantly, especially since Christmas. Just when you think it levels out it starts to take off again. This is already making my trip a lot more expensive than it was in the planning stage. Does anybody have any knowledge or predictions in this area? Should I buy now and try to save a few bob or should I wait it out and see if the Euro bounces back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

All indications point to a swing in favour of the Euro at some point in the future. Wether this will happen by June is a hard guess.

Chances are it has peaked though if I where you i would wait and see*

*This is a gut feeling and should not be taken as financial advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Crap! I've a loan to pay back home so need to transfer some money back soon!
    This is just gonna make it harder, if it does swing in favour of the euro!
    And that bloody transfer fee the banks charge is a loada bollix too! ANZ charge to send it and AIB charge to receive it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Crap! I've a loan to pay back home so need to transfer some money back soon!
    This is just gonna make it harder, if it does swing in favour of the euro!
    And that bloody transfer fee the banks charge is a loada bollix too! ANZ charge to send it and AIB charge to receive it! :rolleyes:

B_man why dont you try Hi-fx

Purchase the euro now pay them in dollars and then stipulate your irish account to have them deposit the euros in I don't think there is any charge and the rate is way better.

Advertisement