Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Next TD Of Waterford?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

ah the above says that after examination it'll be accepted.......tbh no matter what political party promises a university for the south east or makes any promises i won't believe any of them. It's all good these people making promises pre election but i'd love to know what money they are going to use to pay for all the promises they make with a bankrupt country :S

That press release is also two years old. Which if memory serves was when it was big local issue around the time of the port report publication

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

ec18 wrote: »
    ah the above says that after examination it'll be accepted.......tbh no matter what political party promises a university for the south east or makes any promises i won't believe any of them. It's all good these people making promises pre election but i'd love to know what money they are going to use to pay for all the promises they make with a bankrupt country :S

That press release is also two years old. Which if memory serves was when it was big local issue around the time of the port report publication

It was re-affirmed 2 weeks ago when Kenny visited Waterford.

It was also re-affirmed by him again in an email to the FG membership last week.

Again, just last week it was re-affirmed on FG-TV when he was addressing a question about jobs for University graduates. He actually went off topic to mention WIT would be upgraded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

ec18 wrote: »

Did you see is it the Week in Politics last night. I caught some of it. Simon Coveny i think was on it and was making all sorts of promises what Fine Gael would do if they were in power. One of the other TDs on with him said something like its ok now to promise all these things, but when it comes to pay for these promises, cuts will have to be made elsewhere for them to be carried out. It was put to him where these cuts would be made (i missed the section) and he did not denoy it. The presenter to me gave a look that as good as said are you bloody serious. Obviously the presenter knew what he was talking about and did not agree with what was been said.

It was re-affirmed 2 weeks ago when Kenny visited Waterford.

It was also re-affirmed by him again in an email to the FG membership last week.

Again, just last week it was re-affirmed on FG-TV when he was addressing a question about jobs for University graduates. He actually went off topic to mention WIT would be upgraded.

Did he go off topic or did it suddenly come into his mind that he should say something that some people in Waterford and the south east would want to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Did you see is it the Week in Politics last night. I caught some of it. Simon Coveny i think was on it and was making all sorts of promises what Fine Gael would do if they were in power. One of the other TDs on with him said something like its ok now to promise all these things, but when it comes to pay for these promises, cuts will have to be made elsewhere for them to be carried out. It was put to him where these cuts would be made (i missed the section) and he did not denoy it. The presenter to me gave a look that as good as said are you bloody serious. Obviously the presenter knew what he was talking about and did not agree with what was been said.

and if you listened to Simon Coveney you wouldve heard him explain that the money will come from
    1-selling off some state-assets that are no longer strategically important
    2-pension reserve fund
    3-frontloading of money already allocated to the semi-state sector.

But of course your party would rather give billions to bailout corrupt bankers and dodgy developers, whilst cutting widows pensions and disabled persons allowances!!

"the republican party"---dont make me laugh!!

• Advertisement

and if you listened to Simon Coveney you wouldve heard him explain that the money will come from
    1-selling off some state-assets that are no longer strategically important
    2-pension reserve fund
    3-frontloading of money already allocated to the semi-state sector.

But of course your party would rather give billions to bailout corrupt bankers and dodgy developers, whilst cutting widows pensions and disabled persons allowances!!

"the republican party"---dont make me laugh!!

Who is head of the group trying to save one of the banks. Let me think.............................................................................................................................

O ya, a former Fine Gael Leader, who says it has to be done.

he's wrong--end of story!
    appointed by FF and paid handsomely to head up the zombie bank known as anglo!!

there isnt ONE good reason to save anglo-irish bank! NOT ONE!
    it shouldve been left go to the wall!

he's wrong--end of story!
    appointed by FF and paid handsomely to head up the zombie bank known as anglo!!

there isnt ONE good reason to save anglo-irish bank! NOT ONE!
    it shouldve been left go to the wall!

Should say it to him so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 deisebob1

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Who is head of the group trying to save one of the banks. Let me think.............................................................................................................................

O ya, a former Fine Gael Leader, who says it has to be done.

Deise Tom, I have been observing your comments here over the last week or so and to be honest I dont know if you are blindly following FF, just like bashing FG or your just looking for people to argue with you.

I think you will find that 'a former leader' is just that a former leader... Both Alan Dukes and Gareth Fitzgearld are unlike Bertie who is still a FF TD. They now express their own opinions, not that of FG, so just please don't go making silly comments such as the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

deisebob1 wrote: »
    Deise Tom, I have been observing your comments here over the last week or so and to be honest I dont know if you are blindly following FF, just like bashing FG or your just looking for people to argue with you.

I think you will find that 'a former leader' is just that a former leader... Both Alan Dukes and Gareth Fitzgearld are unlike Bertie who is still a FF TD. They now express their own opinions, not that of FG, so just please don't go making silly comments such as the above.

He's just plain ignorant it seems. When something is pointed out he must either not understand or chooses to ignore the explanation put forward.

Thundering Soldier of Destiny by the sounds of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

Desiebob1- Well said, i couldnt agree with you more, alan Dukes is a former leader and no longer a sitting TD. I saw Pat Carey on Prime time the other night giving a dig to leo varadker over Alan Dukes being a former FG leader and head of ANglo board- this is typical FF antics, we the general public can see exactly through the likes of Pat Carey and other ff cronies trying to defend their Anglo pals. it was a cute FF stunt to appoint a FG former leader to the board so they could throw it back at FG during public debates. It was so obvious. We the public are no fools and FF would want to remember that. We are sick of spin.

That statement is 100% bull crap. I say what i believe. I do not cliundly follow FF, and i do not bash FG. The other night on the FF Facebook site i said that i did not agree with what they are doing with what they are doing at Waterford Regional Airport. If i was blindly following what was said I would have accepted the clap trap Dempsey came out with when he opened the new section of the Waterofrd/Dublin road the other day. I have also got onto every FF TD in Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny, South Tipperary and 3 constituencies in Cork to let them know my feelings on what is going on, and have one or two get back to me saying i was 100% right and they are of the same thinking as me, and will be pushing the Department of Transport to back down. One of those that got back to me was the new Wexford Junior Minster who i think is responsible for fishing so he should have a double interest in the retaining the helecoipter 24 hours a day in Waterford.

I will give a clap on the back to any polition that does good regardless of what party they are from. One such polition is John Deasy who i heard on WLR this morning and agree 100% in what he had to say about the helecopter base at Waterford.

I think people should make sure of their facts before coming on talking about members of the forum.

deisedol wrote: »
    Desiebob1- Well said, i couldnt agree with you more, alan Dukes is a former leader and no longer a sitting TD. I saw Pat Carey on Prime time the other night giving a dig to leo varadker over Alan Dukes being a former FG leader and head of ANglo board- this is typical FF antics, we the general public can see exactly through the likes of Pat Carey and other ff cronies trying to defend their Anglo pals. it was a cute FF stunt to appoint a FG former leader to the board so they could throw it back at FG during public debates. It was so obvious. We the public are no fools and FF would want to remember that. We are sick of spin.

Alan Dukes obviously thought that saving the back was a good idea or he would not have taken the job. I dont think he would have got involved in it if he did not think it was worth while. I doubt he got involved for the money that i am sure that goes with the position.

Alan Dukes was appointed as director of anglo in order to sserve "the public interest". He has since been appointed chairman and like all company directors his loyalty is now to the company, and NOT the public!

ANGLO SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SAVED!!

p.s. Brian Lenihan is the biggest spoofer and bluffer ever to serve as finance minister! the sooner the public cop onto this, the better for everyone!

bank bailouts?? NAMA?? NO THANK YOU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Brendan Kenneally is now joining the disgruntled with Cowen

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

deisemum wrote: »

There must be very serious rumblings within the party so ive never heard of that man breaking rank or having an unpopular opinion on anything!

General election im May i can smell it!

deisemum wrote: »

Well he did make a few major mistakes during the week.

replace the word "week" with the following; "time he has spent serving as a disastrous minister for finance and an appallingly weak Taoiseach"!

Advertisement