Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pompy won't compete in Europe next season...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Ah yeah, forgot about that. It was mentioned in a few places that they had failed to apply for one at the time.

Poor Portsmouth, there looks to be no relief whatsoever. Tbh, I'd say the administrator is hoping they don't win the cup, they would still be liable for some pretty excessive bonuses if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They'll be in good company.... ahem. :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Portsmouth will be happy if they're competing for anything next season

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

DaPoolRulz wrote: »

What would happen if Villa got fourth AND won the FA Cup? Who'd get the extra place?

Or is it just a Europa qualification?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What would happen if Villa got fourth AND won the FA Cup? Who'd get the extra place?

Just Europa I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I guess the fa final loser would get Europa, but I seriously do not think Villa will get fourth. If Villa finish 5th then the other finalist would get the Europa spot anyway.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

IvySlayer wrote: »

FA/Carling cup winner gets a Europa league spot, if they qualify for the Champions league, that spot gets passed onto the next highest league place without a Europa league spot (6th/7th)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FA/Carling cup winner gets a Europa league spot, if they qualify for the Champions league, that spot gets passed onto the next highest league place without a Europa league spot (6th/7th)

I presume that means there is already an extra Europa spot for league position as a result of Utd winning Carling cup.

Advertisement