Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox online without adaptor?

• 09-03-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Im going to get a xbox360 arcade console and we have wifi in the house but
    Is they any way to get it online without buying the official xbox wifi adaptor thing and i cant get a wire from the router to the xbox either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

I'm not sure if that is of any help, have a look anyways. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

if your wireless router has a Ethernet socket, you can connect to the xbox.

You will need an Ethernet cable to connect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Im going to get a xbox360 arcade console and we have wifi in the house but
    Is they any way to get it online without buying the official xbox wifi adaptor thing and i cant get a wire from the router to the xbox either
    ajc100 wrote: »
    if your wireless router has a Ethernet socket, you can connect to the xbox.

You will need an Ethernet cable to connect them.

Don't think that's possible for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Finical wrote: »
    Don't think that's possible for him.

* Note to self: Read the full post before replying....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

donig it through a laptop will suck though..gonna get terrible lag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

broadband works fine with the ps3, but the router is upstairs and i need it to be wireless with the xbox, is they any other adaptors or something apart from the official one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

i'm lookin to get Eircom out and lookin for a decent internet prov that's not too dear. anyone got any recommendations. wouldn't mind goin wireless if it'll save Eircom robbing me every month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

YOU can buy a 30ft network cable from maplins 20euro,or pc world, most routers have 4 rj45 ports ,plug 1 end into the router 1end into the xbox network port.
    THATS if you are within 30ft of the router.
    And you can still have 2 pcs using the router while you are on xbox live.
    JUST DONT try to play call of duty on the xbox ,if pc1 is downloading a 1gig file simultaeously.
    THAT could cause lag on xbox live.
    I think smart telecom is the best deal for xbox /gaming use if its avaidable in your area, just dont sign up for bt ,or a company that has a ten gig download cap.
    SEE smarttelecom.ie i think they have a 2meg and 4 meg bb service ,depends on how much you wanna pay per month.4meg,per sec is 40euro per month , check the website,pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Homeplug adaptors would do the trick here, they transmit your broadband through your electrical sockets. Basically plug one into your router and into a socket nearby, then plug another into a socket near your xbox and bobs your teapot :)

Have a google for devolo and you will see what they do, i picked up a set in currys for 60 notes, pc world stock them too from various manufacturers.

Hope this helps

Advertisement