Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer Jervis CarPark

Options
  • 09-03-2010 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to let people know who use the Jervis Shopping Centre about this.

I was approached about a week ago while getting into my car by a guy, very well dressed, suit , overcoat & what looked like an office type swipe card around his neck. My initial reaction was wary as I was by myself.

He had bad english & I got the impression he was a tourist/ or maybe in Dublin on business. Anyway he said he was short €1.60 to pay his ticket, I said I didnt have change & got in my car. He walked away looking to ask someone else.

It was only when I got in the car I actually gave out to myself for being suspicious as I watched him & came to the conclusion that he was genuine. I even got out €1.60 & tried to go after him but couldnt find him. Went home feeling terrible for not helping out someone.

Fast forward to this evening & guess what. Same guy tries the same thing again!! :eek: Even looking for the same amount €1.60!

Well I was disgusted & of course told him where to go!

But I just want to let people know about this, he obviously does this regularly. The thing is you would never suspect him, he looks like any businessman you would see so beware!!

ps- I know I should have reported him to the staff & I will next time Im in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus, that sounds well dodgy. He could be up to something more sinister. Why not call the Jervis Center either way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Just sent them an email. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Why is it alwasy completely random amounts that never vary? Guy outside where I work always asks for exactly seventy cent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

He could be up to something more sinister.

Yeah I bet he is using all the €1.60 he collects to buy a nuclear weapon and hold the world to ransom. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Good thing it wasn't €3.50 he was looking for... because then you might have the Loch Ness Monster on your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dancor wrote: »
    Yeah I bet he is using all the €1.60 he collects to buy a nuclear weapon and hold the world to ransom. :eek:

Everyone give me €1.70 and I'll buy a bigger, scarier nuke and use it as a deterrent against him..or just spend it on hookers and coke..either/or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

He had bad english

Surpise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

OP here. The head of security in Jervis called me back this morning after my email. Took all the details & said will go look at the cameras & see if he can see him so they can keep an eye out for him. Im glad I contacted them, & am pleasently surprised they took it seriously. :) If this weirdo happens to be a nutter who attacks some woman getting in her car alone at least I'll know I did something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

Just wanted to let people know who use the Jervis Shopping Centre about this.

I was approached about a week ago while getting into my car by a guy, very well dressed, suit , overcoat & what looked like an office type swipe card around his neck. My initial reaction was wary as I was by myself.

He had bad english & I got the impression he was a tourist/ or maybe in Dublin on business. Anyway he said he was short €1.60 to pay his ticket, I said I didnt have change & got in my car. He walked away looking to ask someone else.

It was only when I got in the car I actually gave out to myself for being suspicious as I watched him & came to the conclusion that he was genuine. I even got out €1.60 & tried to go after him but couldnt find him. Went home feeling terrible for not helping out someone.

Fast forward to this evening & guess what. Same guy tries the same thing again!! :eek: Even looking for the same amount €1.60!

Well I was disgusted & of course told him where to go!

But I just want to let people know about this, he obviously does this regularly. The thing is you would never suspect him, he looks like any businessman you would see so beware!!
    I sometimes use that car park during the week and saw someone like him there once, trying that......and several days later the exact same man trying the same scam in a different car park a mile away, except he was looking for 1.80 the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Surpise.

Is this post meant to be ironic?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement