Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy for 2 weeks, WHERE TO GO!!?

• 09-03-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I'm a frequent traveller and have been travelling on almost a constant basis for the last 5 years, 1 of those years spent living abroad (greatest idea I've ever had and would recommend it to anyone, really character building stuff!)

Anyways, this summer I have 2 weeks to burn with the holidays, probably in July, and I was hoping to visit Italy as I've always wanted to visit, love the idea of their culture, history and food! If anyone has any suggestions of where to go in the space of 14 days and how to get to all of them at a reasonable cost then I'd love to hear them.....equally I'll take suggestions for other destinations!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

theres so much to do in Italy youll have no bother filling 14 days.

Id recommend venice (2days) to milan (2 days) to florence including Siena (3 days) to naples (2days) then to rome. (5days)

You can get a 4 day rail pass for €149 that will get you from place to place cheaply compared to reguler fares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Collinho

Nice one, cheers.....was definitely heading to Rome, Milan and Florence but just wanted to get an idea for whereabouts to go outside the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

you should really include pompeii really worth the journey from rome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

you could do pompeii from naples .

If youre going to Milan book a ticket to the da vinci's Last Supper now. It sells out months in advance - i booked mine in april last year and got the last ticket for my day of visit in july :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Collinho

Nice idea, can't believe you'd have to book so far of advance to see a painting! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i have been to venice & florence. Loved both of them. You could easily do train venice, florence & rome. Tuscany area can all be seen from florence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Check out www.trenitalia.com, it'll give you an idea of how much it is to get from one place to another. Train travel in Italy is inexpensive and very reliable. Just one thing though - the trains that are of train category 'R' are the 'regionale' trains and though they are very cheap, they do stop everywhere and can take a long time to get to their destination.

Advertisement