Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2010: Round 1 Bahrain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

enzo7 wrote: »
    Im just excited that schuey is back, dont really care if anything else happens:D

me too:D

so have the cars got bigger tanks now or were they always able to take enough fuel to complete a race.....i didn't think so? Or are the races shorter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

It's great to see the mighty Schumacher back all right - At what point in the season will he have the championship won?

Hope he hammers Hamilton into the first corner on Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

ppink wrote: »
    me too:D

so have the cars got bigger tanks now or were they always able to take enough fuel to complete a race.....i didn't think so? Or are the races shorter?

Bigger tanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

thanks

i have lots of catching up to do. who could have know Schu would come back and i would have to start watching again lol

It should revive some of the good duels that were had years ago Brit v German etc!
    Is Hamilton or Button as good I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

ppink wrote: »
    thanks

i have lots of catching up to do. who could have know Schu would come back and i would have to start watching again lol

It should revive some of the good duels that were had years ago Brit v German etc!
    Is Hamilton or Button as good I wonder?

As good as who??? Hamilton is a fantastic talent!!! Not in schumachers league but as close as you we have seen. Button is a nice guy and he did fantastic last yr and all credit to him but his not someone ive ever rated that much tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Really wish it was the Aussie GP kicking off the season, can't stand Bahrain, always so boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

wekk happy thats its back brawn/merci will be the one to watch i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Anyone got a tip on how to watch that bbc iplayer,I'm getting a sorry,your not in the uk message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else get an e-mail from Formula1.com? The text service looks pretty good I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Up at 7.40am on a Sat morning for F1, you need the dedication :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

grandmaster, what should I be looking at?
    Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Ferrari seemed to stretch their legs at the end of practice when everyone would have been on low fuel quali simulation runs.

Chandhok didnt do a lap so he is out for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Yes yes yes yes yes, Thank the stars and all thats holy, F1 back and should be the best season in years:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

McLaren have a live timing dashboard with a circuit map ,telemetry and text commentary from "pit wall" on their site mclaren.com

I looked ok during practice, it should be up again for qualifying.
    frostie500 wrote: »
    Chandhok didnt do a lap so he is out for the weekend.
    From what i here if they can get the car ready for qualifying he can still go out, it counts as a practice session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    From what i here if they can get the car ready for qualifying he can still go out, it counts as a practice session.

Has there been a change in the regulations? I know that in the past you had to have partaken in at least one lap of practice to be eligible to qualify for the race, we'll find out in a few minutes anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

The position of Karun Chandhok should never be allowed to happen again. Formula 1 qualifying is not a shake down for instalation laps.

Elsewhere, did the BBC really need to speed 50% of their VT on Schumacher documenting 3 incidents in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

The position of Karun Chandhok should never be allowed to happen again. Formula 1 qualifying is not a shake down for instalation laps.

Elsewhere, did the BBC really need to speed 50% of their VT on Schumacher documenting 3 incidents in his career.

Its an accurate reflection of his career, brilliant but tarnished

liam7831 wrote: »
    Its an accurate reflection of his career, brilliant but tarnished

No it is not. I think there was alot more brilliance throughout his career than those 3 incidents. Hence, not a proportionate reflection in the VT.

No it is not. I think there was alot more brilliance throughout his career than those 3 incidents. Hence, not a proportionate reflection in the VT.

Ya it is, if he was to be regarded as a great he could accept graciously being beaten, a feat he could never achieve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Ya it is, if he was to be regarded as a great he could accept graciously being beaten, a feat he could never achieve
    Thats what made him great, it was the same with Senna who was no angel either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Yeah, really feel for the guy! Not a great position to be in, least they made it.
    Any way here we go....:D:pac:

dor83 wrote: »
    Thats what made him great, it was the same with Senna who was no angel either.

Is F1 not destruction derby, if he could not win he would try to take any opponent out, as he did three times.
    He did get banned after all

Is F1 not destruction derby, if he could not win he would try to take any opponent out, as he did three times.
    He did get banned after all
    He's not the first driver to do that, Senna was exactly the same and people seem to forget about that. The difference between good and great is not accepting defeat imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Someone in the BBC has a thing for Black Sabbath going by the music in the build up!:D

Sutil with an impressive Q.1!

Sutil looking very good. Think the Red Bulls look decent IMO.

Also, damn live timing on Formula1.com won't work. :(

amacachi wrote: »
    Also, damn live timing on Formula1.com won't work. :(
    Working fine for me.

Working fine for me.

Yeah think I just have some problem with Java, tried a coupla browsers and no worky. Feck it anyway.

Yeah think I just have some problem with Java, tried a coupla browsers and no worky. Feck it anyway.
    I had the same problem yesterday, using Chrome now and had to download an update to get it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

almost like q3 with all the cars going out and the teams so close

• Advertisement

I had the same problem yesterday, using Chrome now and had to download an update to get it to work.
    What Operating System have you? I'm on Windows 7, I tried Opera and Internet Explorer, did the update, restarted, no good. :(

And very little difference made. :P

Hope at least for Q3 they have the list down the side like they had last year.

Button and Schumi were very close to going out there, I reckon Alonso and Vettel on the front row.

What Operating System have you? I'm on Windows 7, I tried Opera and Internet Explorer, did the update, restarted, no good. :(
    Using windows 7, did you try Google Chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benzie

Top Ten Shoot Out
    1.VET
    2.ALO
    3.WEB
    4.MAS
    5.ROS
    6.HAM
    7.KUB
    8.SUT
    9.SCHU
    10.BUT

Using windows 7, did you try Google Chrome?

I shall, though I hate it.

I shall, though I hate it.
    I know what you mean but it's working for me so I use it, and I hate IE even more.

Here we go........---> HAM the first 2 go on

Chrome works, very odd.

Top four will have Alonso and the two Red Bulls.

• Advertisement

If you can't get the Formula1.com Live timing at the moment this is the decent alternative while you set your browser http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8564532.stm

WOW look at the flags, 4 Germany in the top 10!!

Must've been all saving their tyres somewhat, other than Massa (0.1 better) and Vettel (0.3 worse) they were all half a second or so off their Q2 times.

Must've been all saving their tyres somewhat, other than Massa (0.1 better) and Vettel (0.3 worse) they were all half a second or so off their Q2 times.
    Bit strange, I reckon Alonso must have messed up in th 2nd sector, dropped all the time there.

Haha - schumi will never change. everyone else in getting weighed whilst he checks out their cars!

Bit strange, I reckon Alonso must have messed up in th 2nd sector, dropped all the time there.

Alonso doesn't look happy does he? Should be good craic tomorrow to see how Massa's tyres hold up.

I'm impressed with Schumi. Some seem to be disappointed but leaving aside his age, to come into these cars when everyone else has had a year with them and be only a couple of tenths down at a track his team mate does well at.

• Advertisement

Rubens in a good mood. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

interesting to finally have a true benchmark of the cars and four teams making up the the top five, should make for a good race

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Is that James Allen asking the questions in the press conference?

Haha - schumi will never change. everyone else in getting weighed whilst he checks out their cars!

Didn't look none too happy did he. :D
    This is gonna be fun! This season. :)

Alonso doesn't look happy does he? Should be good craic tomorrow to see how Massa's tyres hold up.
    I still reckon he'll win the race, he has been faster than Massa all weekend and the Ferrari has the better long run pace and is better on it's tyres than the Red Bull.
    I'm impressed with Schumi. Some seem to be disappointed but leaving aside his age, to come into these cars when everyone else has had a year with them and be only a couple of tenths down at a track his team mate does well at.
    Yeah, a lot of people expected him to come in and be right at the front from the start, which after 3 years out thats a bit too much, even for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement