Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 09-03-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I'm looking to book a hotel for a night in Kilkenny on the 27th. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether it would be cheaper to book online or just wait until I get there?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

dave_t wrote: »
    I'm looking to book a hotel for a night in Kilkenny on the 27th. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether it would be cheaper to book online or just wait until I get there?

Having worked in the industry for 10 years I can tell you it's almost always cheaper to book in advance. As it's a Saturday night you would get a high walk in rate unless you left it late in which case you'd risk (and it's a high risk) having no accomodation at all.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 spezi

had a quick look in bookings.com (where I usually book hotels for work etc- always good rates) and there's not much choice left for the 27th. All hotels in the city centre seem to be booked out, or perhaps they just didnt put all the rooms up on the website. I was very surprised to see the rates -140 eur for a double room in Kilkenny:eek:-that seems very pricey. I usually always book in advance but last weekend we went to Dublin and managed to book an executive room in the Burlington hotel for as little as 48.90 (for two people :D) we booked this one over lastminute.com so you might try there too. Enjoy Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Thanks for the responses. That's the reason I asked. I thought it was very expensive when I looked it up because from just driving around Limerick there is always signs on hotels saying rooms from €49 so I said I'd ask in case. Cheers for the help anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

dave_t wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. That's the reason I asked. I thought it was very expensive when I looked it up because from just driving around Limerick there is always signs on hotels saying rooms from €49 so I said I'd ask in case. Cheers for the help anyway.

Those signs with rooms from €49, actually go in to the hotel and ask. One thing I hate in Ireland and I think should be made illegal are the per person signs, it's €49pp based on 2 people sharing or you can have a single room for €98. I must stop now because my hatred of the Irish hotel industry could spark a post I'd be writting for some considerable length of time.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Well if it's any consolation, it's not doing particularly well at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement