Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    When was the last time Hulk Hogan wrestled in Dublin?

I'm almost 100% sure he's never wrestled in Ireland. He didn't come over during the few shows during the early 90s, nor did he do those UK shows (Battle at the Royal Albert Hall, UK Rampage) or made any tours this decade with WWE; so I'd say never :(

TSC I had a sub with GamesMaster and it was the exact same thing, I'd get my copy in the mail over a week later than in the stores. I don't know how it's almost as expensive as buying in at a brick & mortar store since they don't get a cut of it. But the wait is unacceptable! I got the same fob-off answer as gimmick.

Has there been a successful heel group vs heel group feud in WWE/WCW/TNA?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bugger about the subscriptions. I don't buy the international excuse since it obviously gets shipped into the shops quick enough :/ Tis annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Isnt FSM based in england?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

When and how do wrestlers get into under the ring spots during matches? Like HBK at the EC last year and
    Punk at the Rumble
    ? Are they there for the whole show or do they sneak in before the match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

glenjamin wrote: »
    When and how do wrestlers get into under the ring spots during matches? Like HBK at the EC last year and
    Punk at the Rumble

It varies. Some are under there for the night but others are snook in during breaks between matches. Sometimes ring crews bring down trolleys etc and leave them beside the ring and they slip in that way. Others have been disguised as ring crew too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Punk at the Rumble

Normally before the match, the lights in the stadium go off and they play a promotional video or backstage segment on the titan tron, which gives the wrestler a couple of minutes to walk down the aisle and position himself under the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

It varies. Some are under there for the night but others are snook in during breaks between matches. Sometimes ring crews bring down trolleys etc and leave them beside the ring and they slip in that way. Others have been disguised as ring crew too.

Pretty much this. Often they'll turn the lights down in the arena and play a promo on the big screen.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Isnt FSM based in england?

Afaik, yes, hence the decent amount of Brit based coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

chordtype wrote: »
    Pretty much this. Often they'll turn the lights down in the arena and play a promo on the big screen.

Yeah it is sort of like a magician using diversion to distract people during the trick. Undertaker's stuff is mainly pulled off using these type of diversions.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% sure he's never wrestled in Ireland. He didn't come over during the few shows during the early 90s, nor did he do those UK shows (Battle at the Royal Albert Hall, UK Rampage) or made any tours this decade with WWE; so I'd say never :(

I wonder why he never went on European tours? I was just reading the card for Summerslam 1992 at Wembley, and he wasn't even featured on that. Fear of flying perhaps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Charisteas wrote: »
    I wonder why he never went on European tours? I was just reading the card for Summerslam 1992 at Wembley, and he wasn't even featured on that. Fear of flying perhaps?!
    Doubt it. Unless he swam to Australia for his Hulkamania tour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Punk at the Rumble
    HBK went down dressed as a member of the crew in some heavy black gear, while they played a promo with the lights out.

Doubt it. Unless he swam to Australia for his Hulkamania tour :D

Oh yeah, forgot about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hogan was in the uk many times doing stuff like early jonathan ross, good morning on itv etc back in the late 80s/early 1990s, he wrestled at uk ramage in 1991

i haven't heard of him ever being in ireland though

and no hogan has no fear of flying he was over and back between the states and japan in the early 80s all the time prior to him re-signing with wwf

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

rossie1977 wrote: »
    here is a list of number of matches that wrestlers worked in wwf/e, as you can see guys like bret hart and randy savage worked more matches back in the day than the likes of cena, orton do these days

1980-2009summary.gif

How is Matt Hardy number 12 on that list ? :eek: I'm really surprised by that, he worked almost as many matches in the year 2000-2004 than John Cena did in 2005-2009

How come Kelly Kelly is doing a schtick with Vickie Guerrero? What happened to NXT's Maxine?

ManofStraw wrote: »
    How is Matt Hardy number 12 on that list ? :eek: I'm really surprised by that, he worked almost as many matches in the year 2000-2004 than John Cena did in 2005-2009

Probably because he was with the WWF/WWE for 16 years, 12 of those years with a full-time contract.

Really interesting list though. Only a matter of time before HHH gets to third.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that list is only up to the end of 2009 so kane is probably already in 3rd place by now and trips probably in 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

On Nxt, why do they not have a normal camera for the wrestling. It's really
    Low down. Also how do they sell any tickets for it? An hour long and very little content. Who would want to go see that? Do they have other things on after/before Nxt is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

TheBantam wrote: »
    On Nxt, why do they not have a normal camera for the wrestling. It's really
    Low down. Also how do they sell any tickets for it? An hour long and very little content. Who would want to go see that? Do they have other things on after/before Nxt is on?

The camera angle was just something they did to make NXT seem different.

It's also taped before or after (usually before) Smackdown on Tuesday nights. Same as the old ECW was.

I might be in the minority, but I like the lower nxt camera

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

Cheers for quick response! So they change all the rope colours and all signage then have smackdown straight after? A hell of alot of effort! Also which part of Nxt is real? Results etc. Or is it all scripted?

Cheers for quick response! So they change all the rope colours and all signage then have smackdown straight after? A hell of alot of effort! Also which part of Nxt is real? Results etc. Or is it all scripted?

thats exactly what happens. rope changes/apron changes only usually take 10 minutes tops.
    This time is usually when they introduce the announce team and each one makes their own entrance.

Also which part of Nxt is real? Results etc. Or is it all scripted?

The wrestlers ad-lib but in general it's all scripted. The backstage "security cam" with Danielson & Jim from American Pie; and the headbutt in the arm-wrestling contest are dead giveaways! So it has scripted events but they do put the newbs on the spot for speeches etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has there ever been a match in WWE or any major promotion where the wrong person has won? Like that they botched up a pin, by not kicking out or tapping out when they shouldn't have etc.?

Also are all promos and speeches in WWE scripted and learned off before hand now and was it always like that? Was it ever where a wrestler could make up his own lines on the fly?

Also has there ever been a segment where someone has completely forgotten their lines live in front of a crowd or anything and left standing there trying to fill time or remember the lines? Any videos to stuff like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Who was the longest ever world heavyweight/wwe champ in wwe history ?

Tinie wrote: »
    Has there ever been a match in WWE or any major promotion where the wrong person has won? Like that they botched up a pin, by not kicking out or tapping out when they shouldn't have etc.?
    Hardcore Holly and something with the harcore title a few years back springs to mind....can't really remember the details atm, I'll look it up later.
    Also are all promos and speeches in WWE scripted and learned off before hand now and was it always like that? Was it ever where a wrestler could make up his own lines on the fly?
    Used to be they would learn the lines, but it very quickly became a mixture of ad-libbing and script. The Rock's best stuff was written for him, but the likes of Chris Jericho could come up with their own lines pretty easily. Lot of the time it doesn't work out.
    Good example of it is Miz's 'six years in the making' promo after he won the title. He begged Vince to let him do a promo about it taking 6 long years, and then he went out and ad-libbed it.
    You can usually tell when its scripted because they'll say a word wrong and then try to correct themselves.
    Also has there ever been a segment where someone has completely forgotten their lines live in front of a crowd or anything and left standing there trying to fill time or remember the lines? Any videos to stuff like that?
    Happened once or twice with HBK during his bad days I think....not sure...

ricero wrote: »
    Who was the longest ever world heavyweight/wwe champ in wwe history ?
    WWE Champ: Bruno Sammartino, 2803 days.
    World Heavyweight Champ: Buuuhtista, 282 days.

• Advertisement

As Mitch said, there was a hardcore Time Limit Battle Royal once where they seemed to lose track of the time by accident and they had the wrong winner when the time ran out. IIRC, it was at a Wrestlemania, Hardcore Holly won by mistake and dropped the Hardcore title back to Crash the next night.

IIRC, there was a match with MVP/Matt Hardy vs Miz/Morrison that went awry when Miz forgot to jump into the ring and break up a pin, thus having the match end prematurely. Miz & Morrison apologised and were let off the hook but the referee was fired due to the botch.

And another one was when a diva (Mickie James iirc) won the Women's title in a match at a house show in Paris by mistake, and an hour later on the same show, they had a rematch where she dropped it straight back to its original owner (Melina, iirc).

Oh, and depending on what reports you believe, Cena and Batista botched the ending to the Rumble a few years back when they accidently fell out of the ring. This caused Vince to march down to the ring and restart the match, and he tore muscles on both his legs in the process...

Advertisement