Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A thread - Your Questions Answered! **no chat**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah thats more what I meant, a match set up that wasn't previously on the card. I would imagine there has been quite a few replacements in matches due to injuries (legit or kayfabe)

Thats how Ryback used to get on PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GTR63 wrote: »
    I got a Question has WWE ever changed the result of a huge match just cause the result leaked early. I remember reading Sheamus was winning the title at TLC years ago hours before the show started so WWE must of known it was leaked then.

Not exactly a match result changing but I recall when Matt turned on Jeff Hardy at Royal Rumble in 2009 it was supposedly meant to be a returning Christian. Jeff was suffering all these sabotages leading up to it and it ended with Matt attacking him with a chair during a match. Rumour goes that it was meant to be Christian but it leaked so they changed it (possibly to spite the IWC fans). The fact Christian returned to f*ck all fan fare on ECW of all things only a few weeks later tells me that this particular story could have some truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What's Nattie Neidhart's best match of the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

it's a matter of opinion but her match against Kaitlyn on a WrestleMania edition of NXT a few months ago. She and Layla also had a very good showing against The Funkadactyls on Superstars a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: Why do certain moves disappear from wrestling even though it seems like they could still do a job?

I'm not talking about things like the "aeroplane spin". I mean stuff like suplexes and the sleeper hold. They used to be all the rage when I was a kid in the 80's. I don't think they're ever performed anymore (or at least as much anyway).

Is it just as fashion thing (ie 'those moves are lame'?) or was there some other reason they died off?

• Advertisement

Road Agents/trainers teaching new wrestlers how to wrestle - that they'd need to do more dynamic moves and shun 'boring' ones. Submissions are out of style as well (Punk had to fight for the Anaconda Vice). It's also why we see multiple wrestlers use MVP's playmaker as well...same guys, same ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Playmaker stands on my list of gripes, for no other reason than it carries that indy-rific air of being overthought, and free of any consideration to how it actually slots into a match. I'm similarly irked by Chavo's finish, and the Killswitch, and, well, any reverse DDT, really.

Where does the 'Super Dragon' meme come from? Is it just a guy that randomly yells it out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jaykhunter wrote: »
    MVP's playmaker
    I remember even Orton used that move (it was around 2002, I remember him having it in "Here Comes the Pain!").

WWE's signature show is Wrestlemania.
    WCW's was Starrcade.
    What was ECW's (if any)? Was it November 2 Remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Omackeral wrote: »
    WWE's signature show is Wrestlemania.
    WCW's was Starrcade.
    What was ECW's (if any)? Was it November 2 Remember?

That's what Wiki says anyway.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    That's what Wiki says anyway.

What does it say? It's the main show? Must look it up.
    Is Bound 4 Glory TNA's equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The event was considered to be ECW's flagship supercard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_to_Remember

What ever became of Brett DiBiase? I recall he interfered in a Randy Orton PPV match during the Legacy days and showed up again the next night on Raw in a backstage segment. I seem to remember he was very young at the time and probably wasn't ready. Anyone got any info?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He's retired. He apparently had an ongoing knee issue, couldn't get it sorted with surgery, and he decided to quit rather than push it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What's Nattie Neidhart's best match of the last few months?

this one

The overdrive/playmaker is one of those moves that looks like it should hurt the person doing the move more than the person receiving it.
    Is Bound 4 Glory TNA's equivalent?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's the worst/most obvious self elimination in a Battle Royal or Royal Rumble? I don't mean someone just stepping over the rope for whatever reason, but someone who's meant to be thrown or clotheslined over only to have it botched and having to basically throw themselves over?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's the worst/most obvious self elimination in a Battle Royal or Royal Rumble? I don't mean someone just stepping over the rope for whatever reason, but someone who's meant to be thrown or clotheslined over only to have it botched and having to basically throw themselves over?

Gail Kim legitimately walking off the job takes the cake tho barely what you might be talking about:

CastorTroy wrote: »

Maybe not what you're looking for but you may find it interesting. (From RR 2011)

Speaking of Cena, he and Riley, along with Kofi Kingston, were involved in a botch that nearly threw a wrench into the Rumble’s plans.

Toward the end of the grueling 40-man contest, Cena and Kofi were dangling Riley over the top rope for what was supposed to be merely a tease. Instead, Riley ended up falling to the floor for the elimination.

Now, this shouldn’t be TOO big of a deal, since Riley wasn’t going to win. But A-Ry was supposed to be the catalyst for Cena getting eliminated later on. With Miz at ringside (scouting a possible WrestleMania opponent), Cena was supposed to dump Riley, who would somehow leave Cena vulnerable for Miz to run in and dump him out.

In fact, nobody in the booth called his elimination, and were later asking where Riley was, since Miz was waiting on his cue.
    With Riley gone, an improvisation was required. Fortunately, they made up for the blunder by having Riley run back to the ring and distract Cena, so that Miz could cost him the match.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's still kinda funny cause he was quite clearly not supposed to have eliminated himself.

It always seems more apparent to me that Khali has to often help people eliminate him cause he's just so big. IIRC the 2007 Rumble when Taker eliminates him was a bit iffy looking. I'd say nearly just look at all the times Khali's been eliminated in Rumbles/Battle Royals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I think Khali seems to be the worst for helping people eliminate him.

Traci Brooks was drop kicked(?) in the back, ran towards the ropes and actually climbed over them since she didn't have enough momentum to jump over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

We often see the Raw main event or another matchup getting created due to interfernce durring the opening promo or match. Has anything like this ever happened at a PPV, were a matchup is announced due to a storyline development durring the PPV?

No Mercy 2007: Orton was "awarded" the WWE Title due to Cena's injury. HHH comes out of nowhere and gets a title shot against Orton, wins, defends against Umaga and then headlines the PPV in a match against Orton which he loses.

Back when Sunday Night Heat preceded a PPV, matches for the PPV would often be announced or created on Heat out of similar interactions like those one RAw that you mentioned.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ezekial Jackson used up their 20 year scoop slam quota a while back

Whatever happened to Ezekial Jackson anyway?

Whatever happened to Ezekial Jackson anyway?

He was sidelined with an injury but he worked a tag match at WrestleMania Axxess. He's ready to go so really it's when WWE decide to bring him back. With the Shield, Wyatts, Fandango, RVD etc they've enough on their plate. Maybe now quite-similar Ryback is not as favoured & they're in the lean period of post-SummerSlam I'm sure they'll find something for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Q: During Summerslam yesterday Del Rio had put Christian in the arm-breaker (or whatever it was called). Christian was reaching for the ropes but as a result Del Rio was squashed up under Christian with both shoulders clearly on the mat.

Why wasn't the ref not doing a pin-count on this? I've seen weirder looking 'pin' situations than this that were counted (eg Axel winning the IC title at Payback).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Hematocyte wrote: »
    Q: During Summerslam yesterday Del Rio had put Christian in the arm-breaker (or whatever it was called). Christian was reaching for the ropes but as a result Del Rio was squashed up under Christian with both shoulders clearly on the mat.

Why wasn't the ref not doing a pin-count on this? I've seen weirder looking 'pin' situations than this that were counted (eg Axel winning the IC title at Payback).

There's two answers to this question.

Kayfabe: The ref was really focused on Christian getting the rope break

Actual: wasn't part of the match and was to be ignored.

I know it wasn't really part of the match, it was pretty annoying cause of how obvious it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm currently catching up on PPV's from 2003, when they had the brand separation. I have noticed that in all the inter brand PPV's, the SD commentators are always at ringside while the RAW guys are somewhere near ramp/entrence.
    I would have assumed that Raw, beeing the flagship show, would of had Lawler/JR sat at ringside. I'm also assuming that ringside is more prestigious than down the back somewhere. Can anyone shed any light on this.?

* I have only watched PPV's from 2003, maybe its changes in later years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm currently catching up on PPV's from 2003, when they had the brand separation. I have noticed that in all the inter brand PPV's, the SD commentators are always at ringside while the RAW guys are somewhere near ramp/entrence.
    I would have assumed that Raw, beeing the flagship show, would of had Lawler/JR sat at ringside. I'm also assuming that ringside is more prestigious than down the back somewhere. Can anyone shed any light on this.?

* I have only watched PPV's from 2003, maybe its changes in later years.

On the weekly Raw shows, the commentators were up at the entrance/ramp, but the Smackdown commentators were at ringside on Smackdown shows. I'm guessing for interbrand PPVs, they kept it like that to differentiate them. (Not fully sure as I didn't watch wrestling around this time, only remember the Raw commentators near the entrance from a few clips I've seen, but I'm guessing that's the reason)

Advertisement